• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Seeking ulternate cures

wollie

wollie

I have drug resistant depression bought on by my voices and other things, so I am looking for alternative cures, I have tried meditation, mindfullness, aromaphapy, loud music, nothing works
Is there some thing I havent tried that you know works????

I

indigo6

Im assuming Wollie your Docs have suggested everything they can for your condition and you have tried them.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I don't know the effect it has on voices if any but for depression someone was praising electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), I don't believe it's as barbaric as it once was and has come a long way over the decades.

I think they put you to sleep for the procedure or at least heavily sedate you.

W

Worriedyin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Have you had your bloods done recently? Mine showed chronic low B12 (I don't eat red meat or much dairy so that's why) and since I've been taking a b vitamin supplement and a multivitamin I've been feeling a tiny bit better.

I know there's some evidence that fish oil can help with schizophrenia and depression - I think asda is about £3 for their supplement so a lot lot cheaper than Holland and Barrett.

Might be worth a try?

My other half is on lithium for treatment resistant depression and esketamine has just been approved in the UK, would either of these be something you could try?

wollie

wollie

Have you had your bloods done recently? Mine showed chronic low B12 (I don't eat red meat or much dairy so that's why) and since I've been taking a b vitamin supplement and a multivitamin I've been feeling a tiny bit better.

I know there's some evidence that fish oil can help with schizophrenia and depression - I think asda is about £3 for their supplement so a lot lot cheaper than Holland and Barrett.

Might be worth a try?

My other half is on lithium for treatment resistant depression and esketamine has just been approved in the UK, would either of these be something you could try?
Hi Worriedyin

Yes I had them done several times in hospital and no deficensis were found except I showed up positive for prostate cancer which is being treated.
I havent tried fish oil I will have to give that a try, as for drugs I think I have been tested on most of them but not esketamine, I will haveto ask my phyc about it.
Thanks for the reply and happy 2020.
All the best woolie.

W

Worriedyin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Worriedyin

Yes I had them done several times in hospital and no deficensis were found except I showed up positive for prostate cancer which is being treated.
I havent tried fish oil I will have to give that a try, as for drugs I think I have been tested on most of them but not esketamine, I will haveto ask my phyc about it.
All the best woolie.
Ah woolie that is terrible, sorry to hear that! Glad it's being treated.

Same to you, hope your dogs are looking after you!

I

indigo6

Hi Worriedyin

All the best woolie.
Sorry Wollie :hug: but youre getting helped, thankfully.
If you try fish oils good quality salmon oil, krill oil or green lipped mussel are the very best because of the higj omega 3. Any of them will do, get them on the internet as can be pricey. Now, Source Naturals, Carlson are some good brands.

I

indigo6

Is hypnotherapy an option? I dont know how this works with voices, sorry if its not a good idea.

L

lanx_lad

Personally never like the idea of hypnosis.

L

lanx_lad

I'd end up with a crank and I'd be moon walking to key words

I

indigo6

:rofl2:
Id record my session ;)