Seeking God

C

change

These are the things that I have done in the past to have what are, for me, experiences with my creator.

1. The 12 steps of AA.
2. Meditation.

What are some ways to seek connection with God? Anything. Everything. A meditation method that works for you, an experience you've had that brought you closer to God.

When I feel God near, it makes everything worthwhile. I'm very curious to hear what works for you. Both of the things I listed I never thought would work, until they did.

Thank you so much!

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Thanks for sharing.

I had many experiences but I will mention one only.

When I was in 18, I went with a bunch of my friends to another country to have fun. It was close to where we lived so we just had to drive for 30 minute to cross the borders. I’ve never visited before and heard about all the fun you can have if you have money. I also heard how poor it was.

We got there in the afternoon. My first impression when I saw young woman begging for money right at the check point I was in shock. It was unbelievable that people were living in such poor conditions.

We parked our car and started walking around in the open markets. There were lines of young and even underage females just standing in front of motels for prostitution.

Right there and then I felt so guilty to the point I started to cry and told my friends that we have to leave. I gave most of my money to the elders that were beginning.

I was crying the whole way back. I didn’t have dinner that night because of how horrible I felt about myself. I was sobbing and praying asking god for forgiveness and I also asked for a sign that god forgave me.

I had a dream(vision) that same night that I was drowning and someone who appeared to be a holy person saved me and laid my body on a small sandy island.

My way of connecting with god is by praying and being nice to everyone around me. Almost every week I give money for the poor and if there’s none around me, I send it over seas to a poor family.

Kerome

Kerome

Sleep. And dreams. Every day I wake up feeling cleansed and rested, and usually in a serene space which is very beautiful, for which I am thankful.