Seeking Advice

L

LindsayKanesek

HI there. First time on one of these and hoping to get advice from someone who may be experiencing the same thing. I have been diagnosed with OCD and intrusive thoughts, and they all seem to revolve around my husband and loosing him. The most recent thought that won't seem to leave is the thought that I have said something to my friends that would hurt his feelings, or for example that I didn't love him or want to be with him. It goes back to one night where I had a bit of a black out moment from drinking (this was a year ago). I have stopped drinking because it seems to fuel my OCD, but just because I have stopped, it doesn't stop the intrusive thoughts about this night. I love my husband more that anything and feel so lucky every single day that I am with him, and the fear of saying something that would hurt him makes me physically ill. I have even checked with the friends I was with if I said anything terrible and they say that I definitely didn't. Has anyone experienced this type of OCD?

H

Hail

Hi. I have ocd. Contamination fear predominantly. I have experienced "harm obsessions" as well. I was afraid that I will harm a loved one and I was also afraid of knives because of that.
Are you on medication? You can talk to your doctor to make a change in your treatment. Hope it helps. And reducing stress and anxiety also myght help. There are a lot of methods (besides meds,which are good) to reduce anxiety, like meditation, hypnosis, calming music etc. See what works for you.

A

Avia

HI there. First time on one of these and hoping to get advice from someone who may be experiencing the same thing. I have been diagnosed with OCD and intrusive thoughts, and they all seem to revolve around my husband and loosing him. The most recent thought that won't seem to leave is the thought that I have said something to my friends that would hurt his feelings, or for example that I didn't love him or want to be with him. It goes back to one night where I had a bit of a black out moment from drinking (this was a year ago). I have stopped drinking because it seems to fuel my OCD, but just because I have stopped, it doesn't stop the intrusive thoughts about this night. I love my husband more that anything and feel so lucky every single day that I am with him, and the fear of saying something that would hurt him makes me physically ill. I have even checked with the friends I was with if I said anything terrible and they say that I definitely didn't. Has anyone experienced this type of OCD?
Hi, im also new here. I've experienced this exact theme of ocd myself years ago. I think that what is happening, is that ocd is bullying you about an instance when you didn't fully know what happened or what was said. The nasty ocd bully is making you think of what ifs about the thing that matters most to you, which is your husband. I tortured myself for years on this subject without even knowing it was ocd. When I was young and first started to go out drinking, I'd have awful anxiety for days afterwards because I was terrified that I might have upset or hurt someone's feelings, I'd do the typical reassurance seeking from my friends and play the night out over and over in my head x I hope this helps you understand how ocd works & you're feeling better soon x