Seeking Advice

Solitude1

Solitude1

Hello. This time I'm seeking advice. I think the first time I'm doing so.
How can I kill feelings and emotions inside? I wanna kill my sense of logic and thinking as well.
In simple words, I want to become a robot.
How can I do it?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
i feel so sad you want to become a robot ,so to speak
i have BPD to am full of intense emotions ,although i find it difficult
i wouldn't want to be without emotions at all because they are part of who i am

do you receive any counselling at the moment? i think that would really help you

lots of love ,Lu xx

Solitude1

Solitude1

i feel so sad you want to become a robot ,so to speak
i have BPD to am full of intense emotions ,although i find it difficult
i wouldn't want to be without emotions at all because they are part of who i am

do you receive any counselling at the moment? i think that would really help you

lots of love ,Lu xx
No not currently. I am not so hopeful about counselling or even psychiatrists. But I might see one soon

madfryer

madfryer

you are not alone solitude every time i see cruelty i wish i could be less emotional ie burst into tear you would think with a mother like i had i would have had a thicker skin but alas no our emotions hurt as my voices tell me i am to have a balance and i like you are always analysing how are we to make sense of the world otherwise but not a robot - to look and see but not know

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi Solitude1,

It's okay to seek advice - we can all use help at some point in our lives! It's interesting that you want to kill logic and feelings, rather than resolve them - what makes you say that?x

Much love <3

Solitude1

Solitude1

Hi Solitude1,

It's okay to seek advice - we can all use help at some point in our lives! It's interesting that you want to kill logic and feelings, rather than resolve them - what makes you say that?x

Much love <3
The reason is
Feelings should be killed because I still can't emotionally and sexually (sorry about that explicit word) get past my ex who abandoned me cruelly.
Logic should be killed because whenever I think about my problems and problems in my country it's not at all logical...

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I can relate. When my ex wife left me abruptly and without warning I spiralled out of control and turned to the bottle for comfort. I drank copious amounts of alcohol and took lots of street drugs. That's no place you want to be believe me. Its natural to want to feel nothing. But I think you could work thru some of these things in therapy. Its clichè but time does heal all wounds. Keep posting here though. Its good to get it out. Take care.

Solitude1

Solitude1

I can relate. When my ex wife left me abruptly and without warning I spiralled out of control and turned to the bottle for comfort. I drank copious amounts of alcohol and took lots of street drugs. That's no place you want to be believe me. Its natural to want to feel nothing. But I think you could work thru some of these things in therapy. Its clichè but time does heal all wounds. Keep posting here though. Its good to get it out. Take care.
I'm sorry about that. I hope you're feeling better nowadays.
I do smoke tobacco because of the same reason.

M

manishk012

You cant be robot..you can change the thoughts or your thinking way

Drooo

Drooo

Having Borderline Personality Disorder I can understand wanting to calm the emotions down at times, but I've also had times when I've not felt enough and felt like a robot. I much prefer feeling so strongly, despite it tearing me apart so regularly, because when you don't feel anything and you feel like that robot, to me, it felt like I was only a step away from death.
If you think of the many great artists and writers throughout the ages, pretty much all of them felt the need to express themselves because of something they felt inside. A problem I think I had was that I had this whirlwind of emotion inside me but no way of letting it out in any way. So, I started to write, and I think it is helping immensely. Not only because it acts as a vent or a way to let off psychological steam, but also because it feels like I have these emotions, thoughts and feelings for a purpose now. It's still really difficult but given the choice - and there was a time when I really wanted the robotic state for myself - I'd choose to have the emotions that I do and the struggles that I do over nothing at all.

Solitude1

Solitude1

Having Borderline Personality Disorder I can understand wanting to calm the emotions down at times, but I've also had times when I've not felt enough and felt like a robot. I much prefer feeling so strongly, despite it tearing me apart so regularly, because when you don't feel anything and you feel like that robot, to me, it felt like I was only a step away from death.
If you think of the many great artists and writers throughout the ages, pretty much all of them felt the need to express themselves because of something they felt inside. A problem I think I had was that I had this whirlwind of emotion inside me but no way of letting it out in any way. So, I started to write, and I think it is helping immensely. Not only because it acts as a vent or a way to let off psychological steam, but also because it feels like I have these emotions, thoughts and feelings for a purpose now. It's still really difficult but given the choice - and there was a time when I really wanted the robotic state for myself - I'd choose to have the emotions that I do and the struggles that I do over nothing at all.
I'm happy for you. It's great that you're feeling better nowadays.