Seeing things again.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Lately since increasing my haldol to 20mgs I have been having more visions than normal. I was relatively stable on 15mg. Yesterday and today I have been "catching trails" off of things like lights and having more wavy visions. Things just look like they're flowing. Certain patterns and trees especially are more likely to look wavy. It doesn't make sense to see more things on a higher dosage of antipsychotics. Maybe the doctor had more insight than I did when he increased it. Maybe he could see how far off balance I am and I couldn't. I had a bit of a rough day with the the lady who works with the housing project. She almost made me cry I was so mad at her. I had to take a dose of my anxiety meds to cool off. Then I had a headache for the rest of the day. I'm going to lay down now and see if this headache wears off.

N

NeatMonster

Lately since increasing my haldol to 20mgs I have been having more visions than normal. I was relatively stable on 15mg. Yesterday and today I have been "catching trails" off of things like lights and having more wavy visions. Things just look like they're flowing. Certain patterns and trees especially are more likely to look wavy. It doesn't make sense to see more things on a higher dosage of antipsychotics. Maybe the doctor had more insight than I did when he increased it. Maybe he could see how far off balance I am and I couldn't. I had a bit of a rough day with the the lady who works with the housing project. She almost made me cry I was so mad at her. I had to take a dose of my anxiety meds to cool off. Then I had a headache for the rest of the day. I'm going to lay down now and see if this headache wears off.
Sorry to hear that things aren't that great. I understand why you think that's weird too ... surely the anti-psychotics are meant to help with that very thing, right? Higher doses of Olanzapine did that for me too however. I know what you mean, I think, about the waviness of certain shapes and catching trails. I'd also see a lot of dark shapes, like cats fleeting out of sight for a second or two or occasional light floating past in my peripheral vision; neither of which I experienced when not taking anti-psychotics. I think to a degree most meds are trial and error, especially with dosage changes. Hopefully things will even out; if not try getting a reduction again, maybe upping something else instead? Good luck with it Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Thank you. I also have been showing symptoms of tardive dyskinesia. I called my doctor and he prescribed me to take double my cogentin (anti side effect med) and if it continues he said he'll change my meds. So I may be going on another AP soon.

N

NeatMonster

I got tardive dyskinesia real bad towards the end of my affair with Olanzapine. The more conscious of it I became the worse it seemed to get. It's meant to be vastly improved with atypical anti-psychotics but I still had it a lot. Let's hope they get it sorted for you soon

B

BeyondShadows

What is haldol like? A Psych Doc suggested maybe adding it as a cocktail to my medication at a very small dose. Just to help slightly, I'm currently on the highest dose of Abilify and tapering up a dose of Pregabalin.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Haldol is a good med. Its an oldie though. It's a "typical" antipsychotic. Its been in use since the 50s. Supposedly its really strong but it doesn't make me drowsy. I find it helps tremendously for visions and limits my voices. So much so that I now question if I ever was sick to begin with. The only down side is at first you might drool a little bit AND I have tardive dyskenisia from it so I take cogentin to counter the effects. The cogentin has all but stopped my cheek muscles from quivering. I would recommend it still though. Its not like these new "atypical" antipsychotics. It actually works. At least for me.

B

BeyondShadows

Yeah I heard it was an older generation drug. I think at higher doses it's quite a sedating drug. I'm glad it doesn't make you drowsy however drooling doesn't sound fun, yet if it goes away may not be a problem.

Yeah, I'm on Abilify, and although it helps me function very well, it doesn't quite work all the time. I'm hoping something else, or a combination of something may keep me just that little more balanced.

The pregabalin seems to be helping, yet it makes me feel slightly drunk and euphoric at times.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I was on Haldol for awhile and it reduced the voices well but it turned me so much into a zombie that they took me off it. I completely lost my will to do anything. All I did all day was silently sit in my recliner with my eyes closed. I even lost my desire to drink COFFEE, of all things. Coffee has always been the one last thing that I still enjoy. After I was taken off of Haldol I came out of my fog and my passion for coffee came back. Now I'm on Ziprazidone but it makes me not be able to sleep at night and I have more anxiety. I only sleep 5 hours a night now and I don't nap during the day.

B

BeyondShadows

Feeling like a zombie is a very frequent complaint I just wish I could remember life before drugs because I seem to know no different

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

After being on all my medication I still feel depressed, bawl my eyes out almost every day, and have panick attacks! I am a hopeless case I guess? At least medication has helped with my anger outbursts. We have so many holes in the walls because of my past anger. At least maintenance is fixing them soon. I worry slightly about eviction. I will never punch a wall again. I wanna get a body opponent punching bag! I want electro convulsive therapy.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I still feel suicidal at times. I may be resistant to medication for depression and anxiety?? :unsure:

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

After being on all my medication I still feel depressed, bawl my eyes out almost every day, and have panick attacks! I am a hopeless case I guess? At least medication has helped with my anger outbursts. We have so many holes in the walls because of my past anger. At least maintenance is fixing them soon. I worry slightly about eviction. I will never punch a wall again. I wanna get a body opponent punching bag! I want electro convulsive therapy.
I have considered ECT. But I think I'm too chicken to actually have it done. When I first went to the hospital I told the Dr that I didn't want to have it done. He seemed surprised that I knew about it and told me not to worry they only force that on you in the movies.

Hairy.Mary

Hairy.Mary

I still feel suicidal at times. I may be resistant to medication for depression and anxiety?? :unsure:
Imo lol ADs dont work, thats quite a known thing but they do help numb a little...... Anxiety meds.... Props? Benzos? Tolerance builds and they're not for long term use, there is pregablin tho which I've no experience of

Last edited:
Hairy.Mary

Hairy.Mary

I have considered ECT. But I think I'm too chicken to actually have it done. When I first went to the hospital I told the Dr that I didn't want to have it done. He seemed surprised that I knew about it and told me not to worry they only force that on you in the movies.
I've been told only for extreme depression so you're prob safe ;) I think everyone thinks about the how nice ts be not to feel, remember and expect ect to fill that but it needs 'topping up' all the while

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I fear it a little too.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Imo lol ADs dont work, thats quite a known thing but they do help numb a little...... Anxiety meds.... Props? Benzos? Tolerance builds and they're not for long term use, there is pregablin tho which I've no experience of
Medication doesn't work completely for me no matter what it is. That is exactly why I want e.c.t.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

My relative had a roommate while in the hospital that had ect every other day and she told me they had to practically pour her into her bed after treatment. She would finally come around pretty well and then it was time for more shocks.

Hairy.Mary

Hairy.Mary

Medication doesn't work completely for me no matter what it is. That is exactly why I want e.c.t.
Therapy, it takes to and practise blah blah bt y3ah I been there wanting the shocks but doesn't help ultimately. Best b3t is to learn better how to deal with our emotions anr believe me i me i understad easier said then dome