• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

seeing illusions

I wondered if anybody had found successful ways of dealing with illusions??

L

LokiPokey75

Hi 137!

What kind of illusions are you having? I've never really had illusions per say, but I have experienced very strange deja vu moments. My mind suddenly recognizes something around me and a memory, almost like a dream, flashes in my head. A bunch of them start linking together like a chain until I become stuck in this weird, otherwordly state. I start to get sick to my stomach. Then it passes. But it is a bizarre few moments.

In order to combat that, I try, like everything I do, to allow the feeling to overtake me. Let it do what it needs to do so I can move past it. Sometimes I try not to think about it and that helps. It can even help getting out of the same room I'm in. But they've gotten less and less powerful over the years because I don't fear them.

Most likely these illusions make you afraid and so they have more power over you. Try to let whatever they are pass through you. If that's too much, focus on something else. I don't know why you have these illusions, but they might be telling you there's an unresolved conflict you need to address. Just a thought!

Can you elaborate more on what you experience?

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Hello and welcome! Yes can you give some examples of what you experience? I think I may have "illusions" but I am not sure 🤔 What do you mean by illusions? 🙏

My illusions are I believe my cousin is allowed to come to the room upstairs and takes drugs and has men around to torment me. I also see mice running around and a frog lives in my toilet, it is a large coloured frog. I do not have mental illness and will not take medication people do not take me seriously

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

The mice and the frog sound like hallucinations though not illusions...surely you must have suspected some mental illness is going on if you joined this site? I hope I am not being rude by the way...we will take you seriously here because many of us can relate...
So have you mentioned this to people in your life?