• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sectioned

A

AAGille93

I have been sectioned under the mental health act last Friday and detained on a section 3

They have said that it section is for the protection of others. On every other section I’ve been on this criteria has never been ticked.

I’m scared that I’m going to be in hospital for a while, as when the protection of others criteria wasn’t ticked I was kept in for months.

How long do you reckon it’ll take for them to say they don’t need to protect others? Has anyone had this ticked and been discharged quickly?

Also does anyone know what a High Risk Case review is? My CMHT are doing one and I have no idea and not many of the staff on the ward know either- or they’re just not telling me!

(sorry for being long winded)

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi there! I don’t have answers to your questions but I’m sorry that you have been sectioned and I hope the situation works itself out before too long. xo, j

N

natalie

I have been in mental health hospital unit for 2 months, I don't actually know if I was meant to be in longer or not, i was very ill, and completely out of it, I hadn't known what washappening so to speak, preferably just as a well, and having made nice progression steadily, and stablised, they let me out only after a couple of months in, mind you, I always prefer my own flexible approach and f reedom of activities, and volunteering. This was back in 2004. A couipel of months within.

I suggest you try to ask the junior staffing that question, if that at all fails, try cpn, on your care team, or better still, have words via the pshychatry team, they''re the ones who will bound to know t he answers!!

Anyway, I wish you well, and I hope you'll come out of this pickle, soon.

Best regards.

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think it depends on you how long you'll be there.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I don't know I never been in a hospital outside of work shifts, hope you can get answers and I hope you feel better soon :hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
@AAGille93 hi how are you getting on.i do hope that your ok. I dont know how well you get on with your p/docs but try and get some info out of them as to how long the stay might be. But i must admit when i was in they wernt very forthcoming with info and i could see no r4eason for them keeping me in for so long . But just keep asking even if they say they dont know ask them what it is that you’ve done to get yourself admitted. I’m sorry to say but you may not be fully aware of your actions in the last few weeks. I thought i was totally rational but obviously looking back i wasnt

A

AAGille93

I’m the wellest in this ward probably the whole hospital infact!!

I got a copy of my section paperwork and it says “on assessment was gaurded, paranoid, perplexed, displayed disordered thinking with thought blocking and lacking capacity”

P

pollypocket88

I’m sorry your in hospital are you finding there helping ? Get better soon and I hope your ok