seasonal affective disorder but in reverse

A

atlantis

i was wondering if anyone has heard of this, but the other way around?

in sted of being depressed during winter, it's summertime you're depressed?

i swear i have this (since i feel really depressed during summertime)

but also constantly trying to work out if it has something to do with my issues of agoraphobia, and because of that the summer bothers me

not sure

skinnyamerikano

skinnyamerikano

Hey atlantis, I can experience this sometimes, feeling really down in spring/summer. Part of it is that I have a low tolerance for heat, so I tend to get stressed when the weather is very warm.

I think the other factor is the associations I have with summer time. As I struggle with connection and relationships, when I am feeling depressed I can fixate on what I don't have, seeing all the couples walking round hand in hand, and people hanging out with their friends. These are both way more common in spring and summer so can sometimes trigger negative thoughts and feelings for me.

When I'm not feeling so depressed I do not notice an inherent problem at that time of year, so I definitely think it is more a case of the associations I have, rather than actually seasonal affective disorder, for me at least.

L

LilyWhite

If you look it up seasonal affective disorder works both ways. I think there's a name for each different type, but it's just more common to be depression->winter and happiness->summer, but it does go both ways. For example summertime sadness is about Seasonal Affective Disorder, (in your version of the disorder)

Beergardenweather

Beergardenweather

I have this both ways. Doesn't effect me massively but I do notice it.