Screaming and antisocial kids.

S

Saracen

Hi, I'm new here and need help. At the rear of our property is a rented house with a family of three kids. They are all out of control, scream and yell constantly, often late into the night, and the constant noise is causing me to suffer anxiety, not to sleep and suffer bouts of bad temper. I've gone through all the normal channels, landlord, council and police. A Community Protection Warning has been served on this family due to their behaviour, but still it continues. I'm to the point now where I dread coming home from work. I'm not sure what I can now do to be free of this vile family. We own our property, so moving is not an option.

J

Jules5

You are doing the right thing getting authority involved. This is beyond your control. I am so sorry this is happening to you. I have had the same situation with neighbors. I always ended up moving but I never owned the property. Lots of hugs and good fortune to you and yours. Jules

S

Saracen

Thank you Jules5. I'm to the point now if I hear a child scream, hypothetically in a supermarket, I need to get out as I cannot cope with the noise. I cannot bear to be near children either.

S

Saracen

Thank you :). I need all the support I can get at the moment. The screaming has gone on most of today and I'm feeling drained with it.

M

MHJPK

Hi, I'm new here and need help. At the rear of our property is a rented house with a family of three kids. They are all out of control, scream and yell constantly, often late into the night, and the constant noise is causing me to suffer anxiety, not to sleep and suffer bouts of bad temper. I've gone through all the normal channels, landlord, council and police. A Community Protection Warning has been served on this family due to their behaviour, but still it continues. I'm to the point now where I dread coming home from work. I'm not sure what I can now do to be free of this vile family. We own our property, so moving is not an option.
Hey there,

I’m sorry to hear about your current situation. Living in an environment of constant yelling and screaming would be very hard to live in, and like for many other people on here — I wish I could just do something to magically help you out of your problems.

I don’t know what else specifically may be going on, but given what you’ve told me: kudos to you for making it this far! : )

It sounds like you’re not sure exactly about what it is that you can do particularly to help free yourself from this situation, and it sounds like you’ve been thinking about what you can do — which is great!

I don’t know what you can or can’t do about this situation (e.g: maybe you’re staying there to help pay the bills, and so forth), but I’ll try helping out.

-What are some things you can do to help de-stress yourself at home? Maybe listening to music or going over to a friend’s house rather than going home right away.
-Remember to try and get enough sleep (I know it’s a bit hard), eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and try to exercise — important steps to help reduce stress and anxiety.
-Seek professional help if you can
-Talk to your kids — (I’m assuming they’re older?) and set things straight. I’m sure you love them — remind them that, and let them know that they need to be respectful of keeping peace and calm in the house.

I hope things work out, I do. You must be going through a hard time too, but over time, I hope things will get better.

We’re always here for you!

: )

J

Jules5

I am sorry... I grew up with 5 siblings and a single mom-we were not the beat of lids but we never bothered our neighbors. My mother was admant about this and we learnt quick and in a hurry not to disturb the peace. So it all falls back on the parents. Believe me it was not easy for my mother to raise us-but certain things we just did not do. Sorry once again you are going through this there is no excuse for their behavior. I feel bad for the kids as they are going to have problems in life. God speed Love and hugs Jules

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you Jules5. I'm to the point now if I hear a child scream, hypothetically in a supermarket, I need to get out as I cannot cope with the noise. I cannot bear to be near children either.
A lot of people are with you on this one. We used to have signs on doors of public places around here, asking people to please keep the kids under control. The problem did go away, and I hardly ever see a screaming kid in public anymore.

So sorry you have to put up with the nuisance in your neighborhood. I've lived in bad places and had to move because of it, so I sympathize.

S

Saracen

Thanks for the support guys. It's good to find this forum and to be made welcome.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

Hi there,

Do you have a rough idea of how old these kids are? If there's one thing that will make you feel better, it's that hopefully as time goes on they'll grow up and be less noisy as a whole, but obviously that doesn't take away from the fact that they're being irritating now. We had a lot of issues when our new neighbours moved in a few years ago, mainly due to one of the kids running riot, but now this same kid is an older teenager and has calmed down a lot. It took time to get there, but eventually things started to get better. If all else fails, however, I'd say keep trying with the authorities and hopefully they can sort something out sooner or later. Best of luck to you xx

N

natalie

I would maybe try reporting them to the Police again, and comment to the Police, that this problem of aware of the screaming and antisocial kids, is now to the point where it's getting beyond a joke, I think. That's the best you could do, report again to the Police letting them know further of your anxieties regarding t his situation, someone is right t hough, couild you possibly just try to listen to some music, that might help to drown out the problem?

Do keep posting to let us know of any updates from the Police aspect.

TaurusLady

TaurusLady

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Remember that it is only temporary, it will get better..

Big hugs xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Anxiety Forum 3