• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Scotland wide free bus travel

wife

wife

Founding Member
So because I am "mad", according to the government, I get free bus travel, who am I to complain?

I lost my concession card, stupid, but the hoops I have had to jump through to get another one

I reported it lost within a couple of days and then after about a week we discovered that they have lost my record and according to them I didn't have a valid concession card to lose (I know I did, but it is lost, so I can't prove it)

So I started the application process to get a new one, gave them all the proof of benefit and address that they asked for and they seemed helpfull and told me it would be 2-3 weeks to arrive

Now I know that was a guide and not set in stone but I still haven't recieved it 5 weeks later and to make matters worse, their records show that it was printed on Novemeber 29th, all they need to do is post it

So during my finding out what the deal was they decided that they could send me a "temporary card", they said it would be with me by the end of the week (it was a Tuesday that this decision was made) and it was, Friday of that week onto my doormat falls my card.

You'd think that would make me happy, and to an extent it did but the thing that gets to me is that the temporary card has on it the same photo and information and even the smart chip that allows the buses to read my card as the one I am waiting for, the only thing that is different on it is the expiry date (31st January 2008). so if they can send that in 3 working days then why has the proper one taken 5 weeks so far and still I have no idea when it will ACTUALLY turn up

grrrrr

beurocracy

Jay

Attachments

mischief

mischief

Admin
So because I am "mad", according to the government, I get free bus travel, who am I to complain?
Sounds like you've got good reason to complain!

Might be worth speaking to your local district councillor or even lodging a complaint with the Council. To me it sounds very inefficient and wasteful of the council's resources. We all should speak up about such things!

wife

wife

Founding Member
I definately intend to complain, I am currently attempting to find out who I need to complain to as it is a scheme that is funded/run by the Scottish parliament but administrated by the local council

The longer they take now, the more grounds I will have to complain when I finally get it. I am not oging to complain till I actually have the physical card though because, call me parnoid, I worry that they might make it difficult for me once I start complaint procedures

Jay