• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Schizophrenics who are not on meds?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I'm interested in people who don't take meds for schizophrenia. Do you sleep well? Does it not get too much? I find them really lucky!

Main reason I'm on meds is because I can't sleep at all when I'm psychotic (I can stay awake for days!!!!). If I could sleep, I'd definitely choose not to take meds.

Any one here not take meds? And if you do, why do you take them?

EarthChild

EarthChild

After I first got ill in 2002, I went into remission three years later. Then two years after that I came off my meds. For five years I was med free and coping ok with a few residual symptoms I was unaware of at the time.

But then in 2012 I relapsed and had to go back on meds. I had depression and then the paranoia returned.

Since then been on meds and was unable to come off them again because my symptoms worsened each time. I'd get severe depression and jumbled thoughts and voices. So had to remain on meds.

I guess it's possible for some people to come off meds if they only had one episode but I've heard the more one relapses the more likely one would have to stay on meds for life.

R

Rebeca1

I've just come off medication because it doesn't work as it is paranormal with me.
I'm sleeping OK and am exactly the same without with no side effects.
I have three space ghosts in my body that are holding the world to ransom by killing our spirits /ghost embryos off after death when they float up to the ozone or spirit so they don't get done by the real spirit ghost lead universal government from outer space for illegally making bodies out of spirit mist and visions.
Its definitely paranormal with me that why the medication doesn't work.
I guess I will have to put up with their voices and abuse until I die unless they decide to leave my body.
I've been on medication for about 6 years with no effect.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I've just come off medication because it doesn't work as it is paranormal with me.
I'm sleeping OK and am exactly the same without with no side effects.
I have three space ghosts in my body that are holding the world to ransom by killing our spirits /ghost embryos off after death when they float up to the ozone or spirit so they don't get done by the real spirit ghost lead universal government from outer space for illegally making bodies out of spirit mist and visions.
Its definitely paranormal with me that why the medication doesn't work.
I guess I will have to put up with their voices and abuse until I die unless they decide to leave my body.
I've been on medication for about 6 years with no effect.
That's very interesting. Did you try a range of antipsychotics or just one? 🤔🙂

A

AAGille93

I was off antipsychotics but since being sectioned and the high risk case review it’s been decided that I am to be medicated so I am back on depot of haliperidol - never had this medication before ...

EarthChild

EarthChild

I have two spirits in my head, Alien the evil spirit and Sarah the good spirit. They talk to me and to each other. The meds don't take my belief away but do help with their voices.

L

Lab rat

I’m on meds at this moment, but have spent periods off them.

you asked do you sleep. Short answer, yes. But it’s odd sleep, a couple of hours here and there and always in daytime. I only need 4 hrs in 24.

symptoms increase? Not in frequency but yes in severity.

it was more a physical change for me. It’s like all the neurons in my brain fused, I couldn’t think, I was just a body on auto pilot. I couldn’t function.

my mind naturally thinks fast. The problem is that it goes so fast it overtakes itself. The meds for me slow things down so that I can function.

hope that helps

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

What are your symptoms like?
Panic attacks. Shortly. Followed by real negative voices.

Most of the time not together. Depression rarely.

The negative voices / acoustic hallucinations were the deal breaker. That was the toughest to overcome.

It was heavy nicotine abuse. Smoking joes etc. Plus stress and drama. Plus deaths in my family. Divorce of a really serious relationship. Financial ruins.

And my own mind escaping from me.

One day I came home. And I heard voices in my ventilation shafts. I am a September 11th survivor.

So it took 5 years to manifest. By 06 I was diagnosed. I spend 1 year on meds.

Prozac. Respiridol. Lunesta for sleep. Zoloft or volum shortly. But nothing worked.

Respiridol was permanent.

These meds increase self termination. My business partners youngest brother committed suicide almost 2 years ago. Respiridol.

I have my reservations on meds. They are temporary in my opinion. There are healthier ways to cope.

Most of it. Is taking day to day control of our symptoms. Its harder. But much more rewarding.

The meds should help you get to that goal. Not be a crutch to walk with.

But. I was able to return to college and rebuild my life after moving to a new everything. And starting over.

Surrounding myself with positivity only. I went through a spiritual self awareness journey. Met my wife. The rest is history.

Any questions. Please write me at any time.

God Bless.

fazza

fazza

Not counting the days/months that i have not taken any meds as i found it counter productive in the past. All i know its been a while now since i collected my repeat prescription and so far so good.

productive
happy
healthy
alert