• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Schizophrenia: Stigma and Challenges

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

everyones personal schizophrenia is different, everyones form the schizophrenia from a varies from severity, we have to respect our difference and understand eachother and learn from eachother, support one another. having schizophrenia is really not a joke, a serious business here, from a personal experience its a nightmare really. thats all i wanted to say thats all. just try to stay positive, filter all the negative out of your day or past experiences, let your past experience be fuel source and lesson to lift you up and blast in space you know what i mean. reach for stars, i don't know what im saying whatever enjoy your night i sound weird right now.

Z

Zoe1

thanks for that Beast mode

schizophrenics are often much in touch with the stars
living in their emotions

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

thanks for that Beast mode

schizophrenics are often much in touch with the stars
living in their emotions
i dont understand what do you mean schizophrenics are often much in touch with stars, can you explain more thanks

Z

Zoe1

not really its to do with the side of the brain
but I cant explain it no

N

N81D

I don't think anyone is about to challenge that. I don't think I've ever heard "schizophrenia is a walk in the park". I honestly don't have the level of empathy to slightly understand schizophrenia.

Wait... could intellectual disability issues count as the worst?

You had to go label it. Please don't hate me. This is my first post. I'm just weird. There is no proper way to respond to your thread.

Keesha

Keesha

I don't think anyone is about to challenge that. I don't think I've ever heard "schizophrenia is a walk in the park". I honestly don't have the level of empathy to slightly understand schizophrenia.

You had to go label it. Please don't hate me. This is my first post. I'm just weird. There is no proper way to respond to your thread.
Actually, in my opinion, which means no more or less than yours, I think most of those with intellectual disabilities are some of the happiest people on earth. They don’t have the mental capacity to understand and judge themselves or others and ‘seem’ to invest their thoughts in the things that make them happy. This might be far too generalized but from the people I’ve seen and heard, it’s been my overall perception.

I don’t have schizophrenia so don’t have any personal experience but I have been told by a gp of 12 years that I have schizoaffective disorder. I’m not even sure exactly what this means but definitely know that at times my perception is WAY off. It wasn’t really a professional diagnosis though since this doctor wasn’t qualified. He was just a general practitioner.

On the other hand I’ve met some very happy well adjusted schizophrenics. In fact, one of the nicest people I’ve ever known was schizophrenic. She died a couple of years ago and had one of the biggest funerals I’ve ever seen. This woman was truly loved and respected.

Many others seem to have a very difficult time though so I do think it’s one of the worst mental illnesses to have in my uneducated opinion.

Keesha

Keesha

Welcome to the site and there was absolutely nothing weird about your post.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
maybe it's the label of schitzoprenia that makes it so bad, some women claims persomality disorder is worse, but she's got a job, i rest my case

my girlfriend has learning difficulties and schitzoprenia, what if i said that the stress of serious physical disability can trigger serious mental health issues as well

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my brother has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, that may be more serious but he hasn't had it all his adult life, it may not be as serious but it's efffected work relationships, meant living in social housing, imho the predujice and discrimination is worse than if you happen to have a black skin

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

my brother has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, that may be more serious but he hasn't had it all his adult life, it may not be as serious but it's efffected work relationships, meant living in social housing, imho the predujice and discrimination is worse than if you happen to have a black skin
but its getting alot better now, really no really cares what color skin you are, just be your self this is what i figure out.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
no one cares what colour your skin is but they care whether your schitzoprenic, the same people who are very pc about a black skin think nothing about discriminating against schitzoprenics, and i'm been told it's different you've got an illness

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

no one cares what colour your skin is but they care whether your schitzoprenic, the same people who are very pc about a black skin think nothing about discriminating against schitzoprenics, and i'm been told it's different you've got an illness
really i didn't notice that i think it just me.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i feel discriminated against, off course how do they know o'm schitzoprenic. i was at the leisure centre yesterday and was expected to wait for half an hour while they dealt with this women with children, nothing to do with schitzoprenia but a lot of those women workers are women with children so they behave that way

just like my gps surgery i find waiting with social anxiety in a crowded surgery hard so make the first appt in the afternoon weeks ahead then these receptionists push women who've turned up without an appt with sick kids in front of me
since covid it's got easier

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

i feel discriminated against, off course how do they know o'm schitzoprenic. i was at the leisure centre yesterday and was expected to wait for half an hour while they dealt with this women with children, nothing to do with schitzoprenia but a lot of those women workers are women with children so they behave that way

just like my gps surgery i find waiting with social anxiety in a crowded surgery hard so make the first appt in the afternoon weeks ahead then these receptionists push women who've turned up without an appt with sick kids in front of me
since covid it's got easier
i totally understand, mental illness in america is discriminated i agree but to a degree though but its changing i see it i hope lol if not fk them bro, they dont know you and you don't know them either i think we are all fking crazy in my opinion this is from i experience noone is perfect, people with have slight discriminatory behavior in them this is common and it needs to change big time i mean huge its awful, they put mental illness in the bottom of the list it should considered like diabetes or below cancer you know what i mean. we just need a leader to show them mental illness is not a joking matter, its disease for crise sakes, i don't understand why they don't get that through their freaking heads. sorry im getting headache everytime i think of this its not your comment its the society.