Schizophrenia is the worst diagnosis

I

iwanthope

No, I can see from my own experience. These are my own words back up by scientific books. Plus there are ethical psychiatrists who agree with me. Whose talking about moral high ground? Ethics is ethics. It should not be ignored especially in medicine.

I

iwanthope

whose been talking to you, your just repeating the words of the therapist lot, therapists who have little experience of schitzoprenia only have contact with those who can pay and then have the audacity to claim the moral high ground
By the way the majority of therapists tend to say what you are saying not what I'm saying. You sound more like the therapists than I do.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
will you just do one thing go and live next door to peter breggin and then i'll totally support you coming off meds, in reality peter breggin spends large amounts on an expensive mortgage to avoid the schitzos he so supports living near him

I

iwanthope

will you just do one thing go and live next door to peter breggin and then i'll totally support you coming off meds, in reality peter breggin spends large amounts on an expensive mortgage to avoid the schitzos he so supports living near him
Where did you get that information? I don't believe you.

Last edited:
I

iwanthope

I don't think peter breggin is as wonderful as others make him out to be anyway. Schizophrenia is a false diagnosis and should not be used casually and many people who can come off meds should be able to do so. I was never violent or aggressive. I'm my case the diagnosis was abused.

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Where did you get that information? I don't believe you. So he's a hypocrite.
no more a hypocrite than the average gauardian buyer who pays a lot of money not to live near the people they claim to be on the side off

i didn't neccessarily say i was in favour of forcing meds on people, i did say i'm in favour of evicting those behaving antisocially, even if it's due to refusing meds

are you saying the prison service is unethical, some would say it is, i'm not an idealist i'm afraid

and i do think coming off meds is unfair on the neighbours

I

iwanthope

I don't think peter breggin is as wonderful as others make him out to be anyway. Schizophrenia is a false diagnosis and should not be used casually and many people who can come off meds should be able to do so. I was never violent or aggressive. I'm my case the diagnosis was abused.
I don't have schizophrenia so I wouldn't qualify living next door.

I

iwanthope

no more a hypocrite than the average gauardian buyer who pays a lot of money not to live near the people they claim to be on the side off

i didn't neccessarily say i was in favour of forcing meds on people, i did say i'm in favour of evicting those behaving antisocially, even if it's due to refusing meds

are you saying the prison service is unethical, some would say it is, i'm not an idealist i'm afraid

and i do think coming off meds is unfair on the neighbours
Yes, well the prison service is unethical. I was an idealist but sadly not but I still hope for a world where people are kind to each other. I refuse to become cynical.

I

iwanthope

The prison service is definitely unethical but mental health services should never be like prisons anyway.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The prison service is definitely unethical but mental health services should never be like prisons anyway.
and when you attack mental health services,and what they do, your supporting a certain brand of politicians who maybe rightly don't beleive in mental illness and are in favour of mental health services been closed down and their functions been taken over by the prison service

i don't know confused and dreading the next off med problem neighbour

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I don't have schizophrenia so I wouldn't qualify living next door.
i've had plenty of problem neighbours who tell me they haven't got schitzoprenia, i sometimes wonder whats on the housing application, from what i gather that one neighbour when he was caught shoplifting in sainsburys and was facing 3 court cases and you return to prison, gather he argued mental illness to stop them taking him to court

I

iwanthope

and when you attack mental health services,and what they do, your supporting a certain brand of politicians who maybe rightly don't beleive in mental illness and are in favour of mental health services been closed down and their functions been taken over by the prison service

i don't know confused and dreading the next off med problem neighbour
Wrong, completely wrong. I attack mental health services for what they don't do, when they don't do enough and when they behave like prisons.. I believe in mental illness and that it is a metaphor. If you're implying that I'm conservative, yes I am. However I don't believe mental illness has to be for life or saying someone should take meds for being antisocial. The conservatives have included mental illness as a protected characteristic but mental health services want people on disability for life. It's convenient and it means you really don't have to work that hard or think.

Last edited:
I

iwanthope

You can't say that just because someone is noisy it means they have schizophrenia. Are you implying that people with a diagnosis of schizophrenia are antisocial and violent.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
You can't say that just because someone is noisy it means they have schizophrenia. Are you implying that people with a diagnosis of schizophrenia are antisocial and violent.
for various reasons people with untreated schitzoprenia can be and a no are antisocial and violent

this women in my mind group plays loud music to drown out the voices, got a letter from the housing assoc about the noise

I

iwanthope

for various reasons people with untreated schitzoprenia can be and a no are antisocial and violent

this women in my mind group plays loud music to drown out the voices, got a letter from the housing assoc about the noise
Ramboghettouk, the theory that people with schizophrenia are violent is just that a theory. It was made up by psychiatrists. Maybe you should read a book by linda andre. It is called doctors of deception: what they don't want you to know about shock treatment. It makes a case against ect but many things overlap with schizophrenia. The diagnosis is linked to eugenics and the theory that schizophrenics are violent is a cover up to protect the mental health services and was sold to the media.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Ramboghettouk, the theory that people with schizophrenia are violent is just that a theory. It was made up by psychiatrists. Maybe you should read a book by linda andre. It is called doctors of deception: what they don't want you to know about shock treatment. It makes a case against ect but many things overlap with schizophrenia. The diagnosis is linked to eugenics and the theory that schizophrenics are violent is a cover up to protect the mental health services and was sold to the media.
the no of people with schitzoprenia i've known who have come off drugs and been violent, some towards me, i don't know about books, there are plenty of books by eugenic types as well that claim they're fact

one friend had all the antipsychiatry books, i used to think how much do they cost and how much money is he giving those antipsychiatrists, lived with his mother who died,e mailed me from a library in exetor saying he had ended up homeless and was been transferred to a cheaper hostel due to the cuts, then there was a message on my answerphone he was dead

I

iwanthope

the no of people with schitzoprenia i've known who have come off drugs and been violent, some towards me, i don't know about books, there are plenty of books by eugenic types as well that claim they're fact

one friend had all the antipsychiatry books, i used to think how much do they cost and how much money is he giving those antipsychiatrists, lived with his mother who died,e mailed me from a library in exetor saying he had ended up homeless and was been transferred to a cheaper hostel due to the cuts, then there was a message on my answerphone he was dead
Ok so you believe in eugenics,do you? You are so one sided.. I wonder what you are like as a neighbour... You cannot stop all forms of protest by calling someone schizophrenic. It is abuse and it is a common occurrence with psychiatrists. It's what they do. I'm actually sorry about your friend. What do you think.should happen?

I

iwanthope

Ok so you believe in eugenics,do you? You are so one sided.. I wonder what you are like as a neighbour... You cannot stop all forms of protest by calling someone schizophrenic. It is abuse and it is a common occurrence with psychiatrists. It's what they do. I'm actually sorry about your friend. What do you think.should happen?
Eugenics instigated the Nazis, eugenics was used to divide the working class, it was a way of classifying the poor, mentally ill.as undesirable and kept the rich and powerful in a good position.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i don't beleive in eugenics, but that doesn't mean i reject all genetic arguments, i don't reject all anti psychiatry arguments either, don't ask me about the mental illness problem i know all about the mental illness problem

i said to the gp if i came off drugs i might be fit for work and if not and i get sectioned it'll help with the benefit claim, he said i doubt it you'd come out worse than you went in

and friends say if you feel like that come off drugs and get yourself sectioned

I

iwanthope

i don't beleive in eugenics, but that doesn't mean i reject all genetic arguments, i don't reject all anti psychiatry arguments either, don't ask me about the mental illness problem i know all about the mental illness problem

i said to the gp if i came off drugs i might be fit for work and if not and i get sectioned it'll help with the benefit claim, he said i doubt it you'd come out worse than you went in

and friends say if you feel like that come off drugs and get yourself sectioned
First of all your doctor is wrong and completely ignorant. The drugs leave people worse off and almost always become unwell or become worse than when they started the meds in the first place. You can write an advance statement or advanced directive to make sure that if you are sectioned you can write down your wishes beforehand.