• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Schizophrenia impairs your thinking

ht46

ht46

Sometimes I wonder how much this illness effects things like
comprehension and how we engage with the world.

My symptoms are mostly paranoia and depression and when
I experience them at the same time its hard.
But outside of these symptoms I question how well my
thought processes operate in general.

This is just after an argument with a loved a one I'm not
angry about them or the argument but at myself for
not having the comprehension skills to understand
the situation and reacting inappropriately. Am better
as a drunk I'm more passive and easygoing.

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

I agree with you that Schizophrenia impairs your thinking.

Sorry you had an argument with a loved one and its left you angry at yourself.

I have been angry at myself for the same reason. I've got schizoaffective disorder.

I try to remember it is the effect of the illness and that it isn't deliberate I misunderstand.

It helps me to calm down and not be angry at myself. But this is easier said than done.

We're certainly not alone in our struggles.

S

singsongfun

I agree with you that Schizophrenia impairs your thinking.

Sorry you had an argument with a loved one and its left you angry at yourself.

I have been angry at myself for the same reason. I've got schizoaffective disorder.

I try to remember it is the effect of the illness and that it isn't deliberate I misunderstand.

It helps me to calm down and not be angry at myself. But this is easier said than done.

We're certainly not alone in our struggles.
When feeling somewhat manic it is so easy to be angry.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Yea i agree it does impair your thinking process alot, Everyones schizophrenia is different noone is the same, for me my schizophrenia brain, it gets things twisted all the time, everytime i think of something positive it goes automically to the negative. i don't why it does that, i hate it. Its a constant battle i play with my head everydays, its so frustrated, i wish noone has to deal i had to deal with everyday basis its sucks, i got severe version of schizophrenia. So im heavily medicated. Im not crazy thought i know but im very sick person. I need alot of support and therapy for the rest of my life, also i need god in my life, he is number one. he change me 360 without him im totally lost in my world of paranoia, delusions, fear and anxiety. We all struggle with this horrible disease, but the good news, there making a medication right now that is on trial that will have basically have little or no side effects at all, it will change all game of schizophrenia i hope it passes the trial i really do. heres the video link to the medication.

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

This new medication is much better. I hope also it passes the drug trials. Thanks for sharing the video.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I have so litttle cognitive impairment that it's virtually non existent.

Zero One

Zero One

I find that it affects it a lot. My voices constantly show me the difference with my mindset and the reasoning capability in each mindset. Without changing to another mindset it is almost impossible to call where they have locked off my reasoning capability. They also play a lot of games on logic and notice..like when you say the wrong word and have the correct one in mind and you do not notice you are saying the wrong word until someone tells you or your reasoning changes and you notice. They are showing me now how these things are used in what was the onset of my illness...noticing that people were watching me and the ongoing story in my mind as it applied to the outside world as they call it...when the true wonder is a thing called clock that sends out reasoning in program and the people whom are watching you have been watching you your whole life and you are able to notice it but not piece it all together because one would never imagine how far technology is advanced and includes mind control...for the populace so when people say , "what makes you so special to make someone spend so much effort to monitor you,” it is the same way that they are special because they are being monitored too. When I realized how much controls they have on minds I stopped being paranoid about hacking, stalking, and all crime. Crime is something I should have been mindful of because they take away your notice to make you victim to crimes and to hurt people you would never want to be hurt. They are like criminal monitors who do things we know as crime in the common world but they do it to your mind and reasoning to impact your progress in life and control you to places you know you are just too good for. All of your life you know you are too good for certain things and you plan for certain things and they rob you of your capability and your own control over your life with these different mindsets and they do it with skill in a pattern you don't notice until they allow you to piece it together and even then it can be criminal because you may come to conclusions that influence you to be a criminal for one reason or another.

ht46

ht46

I find that it affects it a lot. My voices constantly show me the difference with my mindset and the reasoning capability in each mindset. Without changing to another mindset it is almost impossible to call where they have locked off my reasoning capability. They also play a lot of games on logic and notice..like when you say the wrong word and have the correct one in mind and you do not notice you are saying the wrong word until someone tells you or your reasoning changes and you notice. They are showing me now how these things are used in what was the onset of my illness...noticing that people were watching me and the ongoing story in my mind as it applied to the outside world as they call it...when the true wonder is a thing called clock that sends out reasoning in program and the people whom are watching you have been watching you your whole life and you are able to notice it but not piece it all together because one would never imagine how far technology is advanced and includes mind control...for the populace so when people say , "what makes you so special to make someone spend so much effort to monitor you,” it is the same way that they are special because they are being monitored too. When I realized how much controls they have on minds I stopped being paranoid about hacking, stalking, and all crime. Crime is something I should have been mindful of because they take away your notice to make you victim to crimes and to hurt people you would never want to be hurt. They are like criminal monitors who do things we know as crime in the common world but they do it to your mind and reasoning to impact your progress in life and control you to places you know you are just too good for. All of your life you know you are too good for certain things and you plan for certain things and they rob you of your capability and your own control over your life with these different mindsets and they do it with skill in a pattern you don't notice until they allow you to piece it together and even then it can be criminal because you may come to conclusions that influence you to be a criminal for one reason or another.
My delusions and paranoia mostly revolve around telepathy, but the depression and low mood really fogs my mind, how I react and behave. For me these symptoms make me just that much less in touch with reality and prevent me from properly engaging with people.

I’m sorry you suffer from your symptoms I think the key is finding joy in life through this fog of mental illness which I think requires us to take things easy.

ht46

ht46

I have so litttle cognitive impairment that it's virtually non existent.
That's good to hear, I have no trouble reading but the depression and paranoia make engaging with people difficult I'm more on edge when my mood is low and snap easily when the tone of the discussion is low key I guess and I can be quite negative.

Zero One

Zero One

My delusions and paranoia mostly revolve around telepathy, but the depression and low mood really fogs my mind, how I react and behave. For me these symptoms make me just that much less in touch with reality and prevent me from properly engaging with people.

I’m sorry you suffer from your symptoms I think the key is finding joy in life through this fog of mental illness which I think requires us to take things easy.
Sorry to hear you are going through this as well, I have also been through the delusions regarding telepathy although mine may have been different and the voices took it from me. What I found is they took a lot of my social memory which causes me to conclude correctly about others. Sometimes nowadays I have no idea why people are reacting the way they do or are doing the things they do so I keep studying things about people.

Daybreak

Daybreak

everytime i think of something positive it goes automically to the negative. i don't why it does that, i hate it
My mind does that too, not all the time though. You probably got a anxiety disorder, that's the way is for me at least.

vangoghs

vangoghs

I am sometimes paranoid about the intentions of others, but, this is often not without reason, I have found.

vangoghs

vangoghs

I am sometimes paranoid about the intentions of others, but, this is often not without reason, I have found.
However, I also, sometimes, have issues with memory, chronology, and grammar.

Sometimes, I seem unlike myself to my own ears or in my head. My perception is very warped, then.

Sometimes, it is other people that seem unlike themselves.

Zero One

Zero One

However, I also, sometimes, have issues with memory, chronology, and grammar.

Sometimes, I seem unlike myself to my own ears or in my head. My perception is very warped, then.

Sometimes, it is other people that seem unlike themselves.
You said this perfectly. I experience all of the above.

L

llittlelostlady

arguments happen and its a two way street...dont fret about it