• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Schizophrenia - Auditory Hallucination

L

leslie621

During my hospitalization I experienced auditory hallucinations; hearing internal words & noises that have no real origin in the outside world, i hear a voice speaking my thoughts out-loud, other times I hear music bass as I listen to music a lot. Recently when the doctor minimized my meds I started having these voices again.
Any ideas how can these voices go away.

dangergone

dangergone

Hello there leslie621. I've learned from my episodes and symptoms that I always need to be regulating my meds to make sure my symptoms are under control. It's not a sad thing to be on higher doses of medication if they help with regulating your mental health. I definitely recommend that you speak to your doctor about adjusting your medication again. Why should you have to suffer such an inconvenience? Since you were more comfortable on a higher dose and you weren't having this symptom previously, that might just be your solution! Don't change anything with your meds before first consulting your doctor. Best wishes.

dangergone

dangergone

But another thing I recommend and one that worked for me is my just realizing these voices are coming from me! And not anything external. Once I owned up the auditory hallucinations, and decided to stop speaking to myself; they ceased. It's always a matter of Insight. Just be aware. These voices are a result of your brain. Just refuse to engage with them. They are synthetic thoughts, the result of irregular neurotransmitter activity in the brain.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

During my hospitalization I experienced auditory hallucinations; hearing internal words & noises that have no real origin in the outside world, i hear a voice speaking my thoughts out-loud, other times I hear music bass as I listen to music a lot. Recently when the doctor minimized my meds I started having these voices again.
Any ideas how can these voices go away.
I don't know why but changing where you live for a couple weeks or months even if they continue on at your new place, and then moving again back to where you were or somewhere new gets rid of the voices. Stay somewhere else like a weekly rental for a couple weeks then move back and they should be gone.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

I agree. Just power through it. Take back control and do not engage with the negative thoughts.

God bless.

N

natalie

I'2nd that Leslie, just try to switch off and ignore the voices.

You say listen to music and bass in particualr could you be able to try that a bit more perhaps?

I don't think that the doctor was not in a good posiiton to reduce the med dose, capacity, and therefore currently you're experiencing these voices, again, return back to your doctor, explain, and all being well, he should be able to reassess and reincrease the dose back up to what you were on once, if it is your far better dose for you.

Even under medical gu idance, I feel in this instance, i feel that doctor acted up in appropriately so the dose must be readjusted back, I was going to recommend you to a mental health team set up I hadn't realised apologies, that you are in the States. Apologies for that.

I would certainly listen to music bass much more and see how that helps, in the interim.

I wish you well.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

A few years back, dad took me to A&E because i had relapsed hard with bad voices.

I was interviewed by a psych nurse. She looked so creepy. She had long unwashed grey/ black hair, and her eyes were really weird.

We ended up having an argument, I called the voices 'auditory hallucinations' and she insisted they were 'hearing voices'

I got turned away in the end. I did make a suicide attempt a month later, but only got seen be the home treatment team.