• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Schizophrenia as a /mystical emergency

M

mello

Non-Medical Models: schizophrenia as a spiritual/mystical emergency

Many people are diagnosed with schizophrenia when they're in the midst of an intense, inner experience that is loaded with religious content. It is quite common for schizophrenics to report that they have been in communication with God or a higher being, and have been given some kind of messianic mission to fulfil.[1] Personalised religious beliefs and fantastic stories of internal conversations with deities and saints are common signs that lead to diagnoses. But the psychiatrists who make these diagnoses are mistaken. These are not signs of mental illness, they are signs of spiritual/mystical emergency. Unfortunately, psychiatrists are not trained to understand this phenomena.
full text
5. Non-Medical Models: schizophrenia as a spiritual/mystical emergency - Punishing the Patient

E

ettiene.dyer

Mello;

Thank you VERY much. Many people need to realize there are a healthy non-pathologized contexts for spiritual crisis and emergency. Human beings have dealt with such crisis since we became human and it is only in the last few centuries that anyone that hears a spirit or see's a vision or Comes To Realize they have a MISSION BEYOND sitting in a cubical staring at glorified television, BEYOND dealing with Greedy Unsatisfied Consumers for 40-60 hours a week and only going in circles eventually breeding more sufferers into the world to do the: polluting the environment, funding endless wars, falling for propaganda and bulllshit, and teaching our children to do the SAME --- considered to have a diseased Brain. We certainly can have diseased brains if we believe that and dump a ton of laboratory chemicals on our brain that haven't been sufficiently tested. Medication is good ONLY for short term crisis management, but real help requires more than drugs, otherwise it is just like smoking crack, just a little slower on dementia inducing and kill off.

In the beginning of a crisis is where it either goes one way or the other. Either to a life time of drug dependence and disability, living in the Ghetto, and on Benefits, as the mediation becomes more and more your problem OR you find fellowship and commaradry, and REAL help in unravelling the traumas that lead to the crisis and a way forward.

Thank you and welcome to the forums. If you want to know more, let me know. Message me any time.

The Jigs Up Mates! The Cat Is Out Of The Bag!

Last edited:

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
"Never think of yourself as sick.
It’s the wrong diagnosis.
Body may be sick,
mind can be sick,
but You, the Self, can never be sick.
You can never be harmed or injured.
And here in Satsang,
I am directly showing you this
so that you will come to know it, not just believe it.
And body can be healed;
mind can come back to its natural state.
But You can never be sick.
You are the formless and ever-perfect Self."

~ Mooji

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
cpuusage Non-Medical Models: schizophrenia as a spiritual/mystical emergency Schizophrenia Forum 6
G Do we feel alone due to our Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 13
E Is ASD a common comorbidity with schizophrenia/psychotic illnesses? Schizophrenia Forum 1
Wishbone How old were you when you were officially diagnosed with Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 25
BEASTMODEWARRIOR why do people think schizophrenia population are crazy or monsters im scared shitless Schizophrenia Forum 7
whyoverandover (was mirrorImage123) Abandoned with Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 11
H Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
Kygoldy Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 3
LORD BURT You do not want to 'have' schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 24
lizzard123 any young people on here that also have schizophrenia?? Schizophrenia Forum 6
R Has anyone elses schizophrenia been activated by a conscious action you took in reality? Schizophrenia Forum 4
D Paranoid schizophrenia - laughing to yourself ? Schizophrenia Forum 5
M Afraid to disclose to the government I have schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 12
I Schizophrenia. Who really cares? Schizophrenia Forum 28
M schizophrenia is literally the WORST of all MH disorders Schizophrenia Forum 13
K Am I developing early stages of schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 2
S Can the progression of schizophrenia be slowed down or delayed with treatment/medication? I need treatment right now. I also have anhedonia. Schizophrenia Forum 8
S Should I tell them I have mental illness/depression or schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 15
O Schizophrenia or Someone from Above Schizophrenia Forum 1
P People with schizophrenia who work Schizophrenia Forum 20
L Nothing whatsoever to do with schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 17
nenexx I CANT LIVE LIKE THIS, IS THIS SCHIZOPHRENIA? or what HELP ME Schizophrenia Forum 18
O Is it Schizophrenia or is it Someone From Above? Schizophrenia Forum 9
slowturtle Paranoid Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
L did your schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 22
L Does your schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 6
nenexx Is this schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 16
C What if schizophrenia has something to do with your spirit/higher self/soul/subconscious mind? Schizophrenia Forum 19
M Is that a sign to get schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 16
MissPink Has my boyfriend got Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
O Clozapine for Schizophrenia is Great Schizophrenia Forum 5
lifecangetbetter suggestions for a job with someone with schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
S My cousin has schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 11
S Schizophrenia and Spravato Schizophrenia Forum 6
veela Schizophrenia and work Schizophrenia Forum 12
P I am so confused (schizophrenia / schizoaffective/bipolar) Schizophrenia Forum 2
M Happy Productive life despite schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
M when to tell someone you are dating you have schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
T Schizophrenia vs anxiety induced psychosis Schizophrenia Forum 2
S Schizophrenia and adhd Schizophrenia Forum 3
H How did you first know you had schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 3
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Schizophrenia: Stigma and Challenges Schizophrenia Forum 55
L autism and schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
Tawny Eastenders story line - Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 25
S Could it be schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 13
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Guys i think i have unlock some super powers from schizophrenia idk? Schizophrenia Forum 12
Amelia2020 I think i might have Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
B Dating someone with Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
vangoghs Dating with Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 21
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Everyday i learn more about my own schizophrenia, i learn more how to battle it and understand it and see it as it is? Schizophrenia Forum 2