• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Schizophrenia and PTSD

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

About a year ago I took an overdose of a psychedelic, this is ontop of having schizophrenia. I experienced things unimaginable, my watched my entire life crumble. Saw my best friend murder me over and over, and eventually I ended up killing myself, well I thought I did, ever since then my schizophrenia has been worse, I get random tremors and PTSD from the event, but overall ever since I thought I killed myself I really feel dead, I feel so empty inside, it's almost worst than when I feel depressed because I feel nothing, just blank like a machine watching a chaotic world through a window. I feel like I'm constantly being torn apart, I feel like nobody really understands me and nobody really cares to, this universe can be so beautiful but it can also be one's worst nightmare.

W

WDR98

I've recently stopped smoking marijuana and tobacco, drinking alcohol and taking drugs as well as abiding to the law and find that I have more interest in other things and now see life and the world more positively. I have a diagnoses of schizophrenia like yourself and realise that we have to look ourselves both physically and mentally. To do this I eat well, exercise and sleep and try to interact with other people as its not good to focus solely on yourself and your own problems. Maybe just do that a little bit but realise there are many problems and lots of people have some sort of issues. It helps and after reading your post I realise that I care about you and I don't even know you.

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

Hey thx for reply, iv stopped with most drugs other thank weed 😅. Noticed it actually helps with my visual hallucinations but not always paranoia and delusions, I have slowed down alot though. Iv become more social but hearing about people's problems hurt too, I'm someone that often takes on other people's issues and it's not very good, but I'm working on getting better. I hope you're doing good.

W

WDR98

Hey thx for reply, iv stopped with most drugs other thank weed 😅. Noticed it actually helps with my visual hallucinations but not always paranoia and delusions, I have slowed down alot though. Iv become more social but hearing about people's problems hurt too, I'm someone that often takes on other people's issues and it's not very good, but I'm working on getting better. I hope you're doing good.

W

WDR98

The thing I noticed with smoking weed was that I'd be so far out of it that people would speak to me and give good advise but I wouldn't pay any attention but I can understand why you smoke it. Anyway I'm doing okay now and it sounds as if your in a better place which is good.