• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Schizophrenia and dreams?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Just asking your opinion. Everyone has dreams. Sometimes in dreams non schizo people see or hear the same things that schizophrenic people sense while awake.

Do you have any thoughts about that observation?

EdEd

EdEd

Of course in my experiences a schizophrenics thoughts can affect other non-schizo dreams. I think it's an excellent observation. It depends on how you feel about dreams , I personally think they're unnatural and are man made.

N

natalie

When I settle on any given night, I'll remember my long term potential pa rtner, and after once that occurs i'll fall into deep sleep. So naturally no, I don't suffer hardly any dreams at all.

L

linus

Just asking your opinion. Everyone has dreams. Sometimes in dreams non schizo people see or hear the same things that schizophrenic people sense while awake.

Do you have any thoughts about that observation?
Somehow I am following this theory that while in a psychotic episode, a person’s subconscious is more present directly, so to speak, while for a non-psychotic person this happens during dreaming.
For me the subconscious mind is like a huge data lake where we store directly and automatically everything and there is a continuous “behind the scenes” process which analyses the data and forms various ideas, etc.
The conscious mind would be related to the frontal cortex for best executive functioning, somehow in parallel, but ultimately deciding. This is why some researchers mention that lack of executive functioning is related to psychosis, somehow there is a full uncontrolled path for the unconscious mind.