• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Schizophrenia and age

T

Twylight

I have noticed that people who have their first breakdowns later in life suffer more

i think it's because living longer thay have absorbed more information to get mixed up and go wrong - the psychosis is more complex

A

Apotheosis

People hold on to pain. Suffering & pain can become part of the identity, to the point that the alternative of moving away from pain; becomes more fearful than that of staying in the pain.

I was first sectioned at 17; Pain is subjective, but I consider I've been through more than most, even within a MH context. Where I've been at recently has been in trying to release the pain; to let go & move on. It is exhausting trying to cope & deal with trauma & issues around mental illness. Just recently I have felt so tired.

T

Twylight

Yep, I think we're constantly reminded by the community that we're 'different'
which doesn't help

My medication seems to build up and I go to bed at strange times and become semi-nocturnal

It will be good if this forum becomes more international, so I can twitter at night

A

Apotheosis

Yep, I think we're constantly reminded by the community that we're 'different'
which doesn't help

My medication seems to build up and I go to bed at strange times and become semi-nocturnal

It will be good if this forum becomes more international, so I can twitter at night
Medication can have the tendency to suppress emotions & many feelings; it can compound our pain; added, like you say, to environmental, social & community pressures - & things can become incredibly difficult to make genuine headway into Recovery from this stuff.

My sleep is all over the place too.