• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

schizoid personalities learning and retaining difficulties

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
I suffer from a condition called schizoid personality disorder,I also have paranoia and manic depression.Since an early age i have had difficulty when trying to concentrate and focus on trying to study things,education etc.
Also not being able to remember things people have told me,even if it was seconds earlier.A good example of this is,If i was to read a post here within. I may not be able to remember moments later what was in it, so would have to return to it, sometimes several times to grasp what was said.Or somebody is speaking to me directly, moments later cannot remember a thing they have said.This is not only deeply embarrassing but increadibly frustrating.Even just trying to read sometimes can draw blanks.The other schizoids i have encountered,( mainly on american sites) seem to have high intelligence levels and no signs of my conditions.What explanation could be given apart from jibes of stupidity.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
I have some similar problems Honestjohn.

When I spoke to my psychiatrist about it (the lack of concentration/focus etc) He said it was down to my anxiety and maybe I should try group activities which would be fine if I did'nt have the anxiety before leaving the house!

I try to avoid situations where my illness stands out,maybe that is the wrong approach to take,I'm not too sure but I know that I can cope much better this way.

:)

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Difficult Birth

Thanks for your reply Yakuza,part of the schizoid pattern of behaviour would be to avoid most situations/people.Without speaking to any one in particular a schizoid can draw unwanted attention from others,complete strangers could become confrontational within seconds if eye contact has been made.So can understand your position with the anxiety issues,it being a barrier blocking your flightpath.

I read an article which stipulated that if a mother had a difficult birth with her infant,example bi-ceps being used etc,this could cause that child to develop learning difficuties.As regards to your own position goodluck for the future.honestjohn honest.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Thanks for your reply

You've just hit the nail on the head so to speak honestjohn...

I did have a difficult birth and was deprived of oxygen for some time.

you make an interesting point about 'avoidance',I think I should maybe bring this up with my doctor,thanks again :)

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Me to

Me to Yakuza, the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck starving me of oxygen,so maybe there is some truth in it.The medical experts reckon a infant is fully aware from afterpoint of orgasm,Wonder what other opinions people have.honestjohn,honest.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I read an article which stipulated that if a mother had a difficult birth with her infant,example bi-ceps being used etc,this could cause that child to develop learning difficuties.As regards to your own position goodluck for the future.honestjohn honest.
Sorry but had to smile at this. I really think you mean a forceps delivery. My first child was a forceps and she is fine but the second was a very difficult emergency C section and she was years later diagnosed with dyspraxia. Which is a common side effect of a complicated birth.

I dont think the problems are so much to do with the forceps as maybe a lack of oxygen.

:tea:

D

Dollit

I've met a few medical experts John but I've never met one who thought that a foetus could be aware before development of the brain and even if there is an orgasm the sperm hasn't even got to the ova by that point so I think you've been told a tall story.

You say you also have manic depression and people with that can suffer from memory problems as well. Having said that stress of any sort can affect your brains ability to lay down memories.

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Sorry but had to smile at this. I really think you mean a forceps delivery.
:tea:
Now you can understand the title of the thread DAFFY, but you would have smiled even more if you would have seen the bi-ceps of the midwife who delivered me.

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Retaining difficulties

John I think you've been told a tall story.

people can suffer from memory problems as well. Having said that stress of any sort can affect your brains ability to lay down memories.
Dollit i am always being told tall stories,thing is i have difficulty remembering them.So thanks for your words of wisdom from above.honestjohn,honest?

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
How is everyone

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Hello John, you doing okay?
No terrible my marriage has ended after 26 years through spd,need new woman,any takers out there.Sorry.

D

Dollit

Give yourself some time John, get used to the new life. Breaking up a marriage is hard but it's something you can get through.

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Give yourself some time John, get used to the new life. Breaking up a marriage is hard but it's something you can get through.
The years have rolled on by,theres not many left so need a quick fix,the marriage breakup is not a problem,but finding a companion is.

I find myself wanting to be a great romantic,just like in our younger teens,things which we have forgotten about which have laid dormant.

Where do i meet a opposite spd female?.

D

Dollit

I don't know where you'd find a woman that specific John. I just know that I needed a lot of time out after my last long term relationship broke up and I'm no spring chicken!