Schizoaffective Disorder - mixed type

J

Jess89

Hi all, I spoke to my Psychologist today and he thinks I have Schizoaffective Disorder - Mixed Type. Any one else have any experiences with this? Would love to hear your story!

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
I have schizoaffective disorder Jess89. I used to think I was just depressive type until I started having periods of mania, then I was changed to bipolar type. Thing is I have a lot of mixed episodes, so in all honesty I am most probably mixed type. I can be in a full fledged mania yet still feel depressed at the same time or intermittently.
A classic example is right now I feel depressed but I am chatting a million miles an hour and cannot sleep. I'm in hospital right now and the night staff are like "oh boy here we go!"

J

Jess89

Hi Vanish, that's interesting. I can relate to being manic but feeling depressed at the same time. Since being medicated I haven't had any symptoms of mania, I don't think but depression yes so I was thinking I was more the depressive type but when I spoke to my Psychologist he said mixed type so it got me thinking. So I rang the Centre that I'm managed by and they said it is just listed as Schizoaffective Disorder. She said to ask my Psychiatrist when I meet with them next which is in a few weeks so it is just a waiting game. I am glad you are getting the support you need. Thanks for your input. Jess