Schizoaffective disorder (havent talked to anyone about it really)

P

ParanoidOnOccassion

Hey guys, new to the forums... don’t wanna post something that’s too long to read but basically I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder two years ago after a psychotic episode.. since then I’ve put my life on hold while I deal with addiction and GAD amoung other things.. I was clean for a year when I had a relapse but got that under control, and although some people may disagreee l basically have just been smoking pot since then every once in a while for like a week straight everyday all day at a time.. the thing is it really helps me, expect I get panic attacks from things I think about every once in a while.. it’s REALLY scary. I want to stop but I feel like if I do it’s just a matter of time before I go to something way worse then pot again. I can’t do rehabs because I just FIND someone who’s still using in them.. the thing is with marijuana I feel better until I have those panic attacks but it’s not like those thoughts are gone while I’m not smoking pot, they’re still there and their kind of scary but not as bad as when I’m smoking. Basically I’m stuck. I’m about to go back to school so I’m sure I should stop smoking but it gives me something to do.. the thing I’m worried about is whether or not it IS detrimental to my mental health like if it’s progessing my disease. Any kind words or relatable topics would be appreciated

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
welcome to the forum P.

The official line is that pot is psychoactive and can therefore worsen psychosis. So according to the boffins you ought to think about cutting down if you want to recover.

As a general point you are probably in a little shock and have confidence issues. Something to work on.

P

ParanoidOnOccassion

I don’t know if it’s confidence, because I don’t have paranoid thoughts about the classic like “people are out to get me” or stuff like that. Their more along the line of existence and the nature of reality. The last panic attack had to do with me being god but not in the way of me having super powers or anything like that, but that being god just means you’re the only thing that actually exists and everything else is a figment of your imagination because you’ve existed in darkness for so long like on the order of billions of years and that reality is how I cope, but the paranoia comes in where I might be watching something and I think it’s talking about me and it’s a plot to destroy me and that I’m stuck in this hellish existence and that a glitch in my imagination is trying to pull me out of life back into this black place where I’m tortured by thoughts... kind of weird but that’s my mind.. I have these thoughts all the time but OCCASIONALLY it is far worsened by marijuana. Most of the time the marijuana makes me feel better except those times when it doesnt

J

J__mora

I think u should stop smoking weed . For me personally weed sends me to the hospital. N it’s always a psychological problem with the weed . Some people’s dna can handle it others can’t plain n simple I have learned the hard way so my advise is to just stay away . Mind over matter . We must be strong n say no to drugs .

S

shaneleah37

ACCOUNT CLOSED
drugs

drugs may well be fun and interesting, but they won't help your problem. they just exasperate it to be honest, and you may well be smoking pot for another 20 years before you try to change what's real. stop now [if you can] and take stock. otherwise you're definitely another mental health statistic.:scared:

Mark_01

Mark_01

Smoking pot gives me an uncontrollable urge to eat pizza and drink Coca Cola. That alone is reason enough not to smoke it.

Welcome to the forum.

S

schizolanza

Smoking weed all-day , everyday is a stupid thing to do. Try moderation, and common sense!!

L

Little-Loss-Soul2

pot is really not that bad for you. its not common sense to stop using something that everyone around you is using. there is alot worse things out there then weed. that being said it's not the answer for all your problems. i want you to keep seeking help and keep moving forward my friend. best of luck with everything.

fazza

fazza

I used to smoke weed but as my symptoms worsened I realised that I had to stop.

It's just one of many sacrifices that we have to do if we want a clearer focused mind.

The active THC compound is weed is bad for mental health problems. However weed with a very low THC level and high CBD levels are looking increasingly interesting towards treatment of mental health problems.

I don't tend to give advice as I don't want to sound like a hypocrite. I enjoyed the weed and had good times but for the sake of those around me and my own health it had to stop.

Hope you find an alternative outlet

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mayflower7 Schizophrenia Forum 6
M Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Schizophrenia Forum 9