• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

schema therapy

doodles

doodles

Hello there,

Has anyone here (had) experience with schema therapy?
I'd be interested in what you were (or are being) treated for and how your therapist proceeded.

S

*Sapphire*

Alot of different therapies deal with your schemas to one extent or another. But I have never heard of a therapy dealing with just schemas soley. CBT usually covers it, as does some psychotherapy treatments.

Knowing your schemas is useful to understanding where your automictic reactions, ideas and thoughts may come from. As well as how you deal with things.

I know some of mine, and although knowing them helps me in hindsight, it is difficult to recognise them being triggered when I am in the moment. I probably need more insight, and to put in some harder work.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Transference in CBT Therapy with schema therapy approch Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
M been offered schema therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
mami5 Schema therapy?? Psychological and Talking Therapies 37
S Schema Focused Therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 7
S Inter Personnel Therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
L I can´t aford therapy anymore Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
C Does therapy really work? Psychological and Talking Therapies 19
J Online therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 13
T Can I end therapy over email? Psychological and Talking Therapies 4
S How do you know if counselling/therapy is helping? Psychological and Talking Therapies 19
M Therapy,End Of?. Psychological and Talking Therapies 2
siamesetwins Potentially going back to therapy but terrified Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
Sanjuro Which therapy most common suggested for AVPD? Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
K How can I help my psychiatrist figure out the righ tkind of therapy for me Psychological and Talking Therapies 14
soulsearcher psychodynamic therapy anyone had it? Psychological and Talking Therapies 13
D Self criticism and therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
M Cognitive behavior(al) therapy. Psychological and Talking Therapies 11
C What Therapy? counsellor or Phycologist Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
K Therapy hasn't worked for eight years and I'm getting desperate. Psychological and Talking Therapies 4
R I left therapy, how do I come back? Psychological and Talking Therapies 4
Lavender_Rose Therapy, not in the mood for it Psychological and Talking Therapies 13
S Am I expecting too much from therapy? Psychological and Talking Therapies 7
R What therapy is right for me ? (If any) Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
S Tele-Therapy.What's It Like? Psychological and Talking Therapies 20
River of Circle Therapy limbo Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
D What do people discuss in therapy? i don't have anything to discuss with the therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
S A view on talking therapy from beyond 'the west' Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
K Is it possible to have therapy sessions from therapists outside of my state? Psychological and Talking Therapies 2
TerriblyGood cognitive therapy has any 1 had success with it? Psychological and Talking Therapies 11
M Traumatised in therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 4
JessisMe Have You Found Talk Therapy Helpful Psychological and Talking Therapies 30
Eleison assessment for therapy from CMHT Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
vanish Talking therapy - how do I let those skeletons out? Psychological and Talking Therapies 10
Mal84 CAT (Cognitive Analytic Therapy) Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
daffy Thinking of stopping therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
daffy Is it normal to feel exhausted after therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 9
P Therapy ended Psychological and Talking Therapies 13
B Anyone used online talking therapy and CBT? Psychological and Talking Therapies 10
R I have questions about therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
R I'm confused with therapy... Need advice Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
L I’m confused about therapy... Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
C Is going to therapy/becoming a psychologist even worth it or helpful? Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
F Private therapy. Feeling unwanted in therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
F August 13, 2018 Interviews with 100 CBT-therapists reveal 43 per cent of clients experience unwanted side-effects from therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 4
I Should i go back to therapy Psychological and Talking Therapies 12
Q Talking therapy denied Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
rosecoloredgirl Group Therapy? Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
I When to quit therapy? Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
D Any advice on which therapy will be best? Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
D Has anyone tried CAT therapy? Psychological and Talking Therapies 5