• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scattergun care is disgusting.

P

PopPop

I'm furious at the shabby care my 22 yr old son has been receiving since being discharged for the 2nd time from a Section.
It's all so very haphazard. He sees somebody for 3 or 4 times then that person is replaced.
His latest "support worker" turns out to be a 22 year old, who is still at Uni studying Criminal Psychology while his latest Counsellor is self employed and off on holiday now for nearly 3 weeks !
The 3rd person involved with him is an Occ. Therapist while the only actual CPN involved in this frustrating saga terms himself as a "coordinator" and wouldn't know my son if he bumped into him !
Am I angry ? Yes, bloody angry. "Care in the community" amounts to a stressed out Dad doing the best he can for his son while others play cameo roles before going on to the next poor sod.
Is this the norm ?

Pop

Kerome

Kerome

It's not very different here in Holland. If you are lucky you get assigned a home worker who is someone who will come once a week and help you with tasks like administration and work around the house.

Feel for you!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
when i came out the bin to my family i had 6 monthly appts with a psychiatrist nothing else, that went on for years, 2 weekly signing on at the dole office as fit for work which i'd struggle going