• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Scars

J

Jandy

I’m going on just above 2 months clean now. But my legs have scars and they’re raised and purple and very noticeable. I don’t know if they’re going to heal any more than this, or at least in time for summer.
I have a dilemma. Last time I got clean my scars faded completely and it felt awful. Now I have these new scars that don’t look like they’re going to fade, and it feels just as awful. I have a product that may help with making them fade more, but it scares me to use it.
I just need advice, because I don’t know what to do and I can’t decide which is worse. Having no scars or noticeable permanent scars?

2Much2Feel

I’m going on just above 2 months clean now. But my legs have scars and they’re raised and purple and very noticeable. I don’t know if they’re going to heal any more than this, or at least in time for summer.
I have a dilemma. Last time I got clean my scars faded completely and it felt awful. Now I have these new scars that don’t look like they’re going to fade, and it feels just as awful. I have a product that may help with making them fade more, but it scares me to use it.
I just need advice, because I don’t know what to do and I can’t decide which is worse. Having no scars or noticeable permanent scars?
From the experience I'm going through right now and for the past 20 years, I would much prefer to not have scars and feel comfortable wearing whatever I want. I so regret it. Summer is hard, as you're mentioning. Every year. If you can, while you can, do what you can to minimise them is my advice, although we are all different, I know. I would do anything to get rid of them and now every doc I've seen has said they won't fade any further since I was out in the sun w them when they were healing and it caused them to really stand out. It sucks. Fantastic job on over 2 mos of no SH!!!! Keep it up.:)

J

Jandy

From the experience I'm going through right now and for the past 20 years, I would much prefer to not have scars and feel comfortable wearing whatever I want. I so regret it. Summer is hard, as you're mentioning. Every year. If you can, while you can, do what you can to minimise them is my advice, although we are all different, I know. I would do anything to get rid of them and now every doc I've seen has said they won't fade any further since I was out in the sun w them when they were healing and it caused them to really stand out. It sucks. Fantastic job on over 2 mos of no SH!!!! Keep it up.:)
Thank you. I think I’ll just sort of bear it and use the product. It’ll help in the long run. Thank you so much <3

2Much2Feel

Thank you. I think I’ll just sort of bear it and use the product. It’ll help in the long run. Thank you so much <3
Of course. Keep it up. You. won't regret it.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Things like BioOil work best when used early on soon after the injury has healed over. They don't work well when used long after. Keloid scars are more difficult in terms of being able to hide them.

Last edited by a moderator: