• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am so scared that someone else on the forum will die. I don't want anyone else to take their life or die.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It is worrying, I agree.
I think we've all been shaken in our own way by the recent news.

Obviously we don't know the full details of what's happened, and I would say that speculation isn't always helpful (not that i'm saying that you're speculating, i'm reminding myself as much as anything).

Honestly, I think it's a real credit to everybody here that this online community is such a close, caring place to be a member.

As long as we keep communicating and being there for one another, i'd like to hope that we can support each other.
Having said that, nobody here is a professional and if anyone has found themselves being triggered, it is definitely advisable to make someone offline aware of what's gone on. We can't physically be there for someone, as much as i'm sure we'd like to be able to give out actual hugs.

Not quite sure what else to say really, but I can definitely relate to how you're feeling. :hug1:

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
all we can do is support each other best we can and hope for the best.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I wish I didn't have to wait until Thursday to see my therapist. I have so much to talk about and one hour a week just doesn't feel like enough time.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i understand why you are worried xxxx we can only hope it doesnt happen xx lots of love from fairy lu xx message me if you ever want a talk xx

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think it's inevitable that on a mh forum there will be some of us who feel actively suicidal who will complete, it's not idle talk. But talking about it and supporting one another can help hopefully. Am sorry so many are struggling xx

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello Prairie

Sorry you are struggling so much ((((hugs))) Ca n't really say more than others have already, but we are all here or try to be to support each other, sometimes we get very ill as you know too, as you have been there. It's difficult and very saddening to have lost friends.

I hope you are going to be ok til you see your therapist.

KS
xxxx

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I will make it through somehow. I have an exam in my second class tonight that I barely studied for. I've also been struggling with the suicide of someone I knew when I was in Winnipeg, it's just too much.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I completely broke down after my exam, while my professor was explaining an in-class assignment. Long story short, in front of the whole class he asked me if I wanted to go home and said we'd figure out what to do about the assignment later. I feel both humiliated and relieved at the same time.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Very nervous about going back to uni tomorrow after breaking down in class last night.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
Try and go back with your head held up, you've nothing to be ashamed of, and people probably reacted with concern and sympathy, rather than judgement, even if they might feel awkward about knowing how to respond. Sounds like the professor didn't handle the situation very sensitively, but that's a reflection on them and their limitations, not on you. Hugs to you, be strong :hug1:

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know he did the best he could, and his intent was to be compassionate, but yeah, in front of 35 other students, quite humiliating. Hopefully he'll have some alternative for me to be able to complete the assignment because it's worth 30 of my final grade. I feel horrid worrying about this when snips situation was far worse than mine.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
I feel horrid worrying about this when snips situation was far worse than mine.
Try not to blame yourself like that though, we could all say the same thing about things that upset us, but it doesn't help to heap on the self-judgement too. Easy to say I know, I do get where you're coming from. Your feelings are your feelings, and they're not negated by other people's situations being 'worse'. I hope he comes up with an alternative for the assignment :hug:

N

Noetic

As Catkin said, I suppose it is inevitable this will happen from time to time on a mental health forum; I guess all we can do is look out for and support each other to reduce the risk. I think if something like this happens each of us would say that we would want to be told; but considering the profoundly upsetting effect knowledge of a death has had, it does make me wonder if making an announcement was the best thing to have done. But then, maybe making an announcement makes people realise how much they'd be missed.