• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Scared

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

im scared there are Experimenters outside, they are sending Rays of Messages to my brain, they want me to jump off my balcony, the voices are taunting me telling me to kill myself, i dont want to, im trying to fight them but they are strong. The Devil wants me back in hell, he wants to make me bad.:cry:

J

jakelong

These are only voices, they cannot hurt you. Jesus has already defeated the devil and death. The devil can't do anything but lie to you. He doesn't control Hades. But he pretends things that simply aren't true.

Don't believe the lies. Don't be scared, and don't get so worked up about it. Give yourself time to calm down.

J

jakelong

And you've never been in hell, I know this for a fact!

It may feel bad now, but don't give weight to what the voices say. Snap out of it. Read my post "Here is What Helped Me!!!"

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

How can i just snap out of it, this is real life, this is what is going on for me, its life, i cant jsut snap out of life!

I

IntrospectionFtw!

yh neo its damn near impossible to snap out of it while ur psychotic...it really is happening but its a hallucination jus try to remember that when u pick up the pieces.

J

jakelong

Okay, you are having trouble, I know.

I have been there. I know all about those tricks the voices do.

Take it easy today and don't think about so much. Avoid thoughts that are circular and just keep going on and on.

Your mind can only think so fast, so slow things down a bit. Are you responding to these voices in your head?

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

I self harm to make them go away, only it doesnt happen, i cut to release the stress and built up anger that ive got because i cant deal with these thoughts that are being sent to me, and put in my head, i have a wonderful husband who cares about me, i love him, yet i hurt myself to take the turmoil of the voices and the devil away, i try not to listen to them, but when they are loud and talk over the music or change the lyrics to make me listen to them, its hard to avoid them. my heads a mess, im scared.

J

jakelong

When I say stop giving 'weight' to what the voices say, I mean stop feeling it so intensely.

Normally people don't hear voices in their heads, so when you do you might think it's to show you something. It's not. The voices are bad. Don't give them 'weight'.

If you watch a show you don't agree with, you can change the channel. But what if someone watches a show you don't like and they have the remote control? You just ignore the show and find something else to do, right?

Ignore the show and find something else to do today.

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

im on 20mg olanzapine, 30mg aripripazole, 75mg chlorpromazine (prn) and 20mg escitalopram.

Thats a good way of putting it, ignoring the show, just wish it was as easy to do as said. Ive got music on trying to ignore them but they can the lyrics, im putting on happy music, bouncy music even stuff with no lyrics, to no avail.

J

jakelong

I self harm to make them go away, only it doesnt happen, i cut to release the stress and built up anger that ive got because i cant deal with these thoughts that are being sent to me, and put in my head, i have a wonderful husband who cares about me, i love him, yet i hurt myself to take the turmoil of the voices and the devil away, i try not to listen to them, but when they are loud and talk over the music or change the lyrics to make me listen to them, its hard to avoid them. my heads a mess, im scared.
Okay, remember your "true" thoughts are silent.

Don't hurt yourself or do anything painful to yourself these voices want you to do. It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.

These voices are liars. The voice is not sent to you. It's one lying spirit hovering around you giving you a hard time. It's very small and only you can hear it. It cannot do anything to you. It is you that is cutting yourself. Remember that. Stop doing that, because God loves you. These voices are not from God.

It is lying to give you a hard time. Think about how bad this is. It is a lie, which people are not supposed to do. Jesus is my Lord and Savior, so if I say anything it's usually, "My Lord Rebukes you." This reminds me that the devil is thrown into the Lake of Fire. His time is short. It is God's word this happens. Have faith in Jesus and the Heavenly Father. The devil will soon be tormented day and night and the smoke of his torment rises forever and ever.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi Neo
No you can't just snap out of it. There are the usual distractions that you prob know anyway but what i do is go on my computer where i have my own private journal where i type out what the voices are saying. It seems to calm them as they feel listened to I suppose. I do all sorts like change the fonts and sizes and colours and this also seems to help. When i'm feeling better and have read back what they have said it can be quite shocking as I don't really remeber at the time, but it does seem to help. Another thing i was taught was about being in the moment and to focus on one particlar thing like a clock ticking or looking at a plant and counting the leaves and noticing the colours, it doesn't matter if the voices keep talking but it does distract me somewhat. I'm sorry you are in such a bad place. Hope this helps a little
Take care
Tannith

I

IntrospectionFtw!

im on 20mg olanzapine, 30mg aripripazole, 75mg chlorpromazine (prn) and 20mg escitalopram.

Thats a good way of putting it, ignoring the show, just wish it was as easy to do as said. Ive got music on trying to ignore them but they can the lyrics, im putting on happy music, bouncy music even stuff with no lyrics, to no avail.
Jesus christ thats alot of meds...and your still psychotic having delusional thoughts, mind you back when i smoked cannabis i was psychotic even on the meds but still retained my self control they kinda balanced each other out that sounds like way too much medication too me u should atleast cut down to one antipsychotic only...must be hard i dont even know how you can talk on that amount of medication...aripiprazole can potentiate your other medications aswell why are you on so much?

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Jakelong if God loved me why did i end up with a mother who beat me black and blue as a child, who neglected me, emotionally abused me, allowed a sex offender into our home who then went on to sexually abuse me, then several years later her next boyfrined sexually abuses and rapes me. I try to be faithful to God, I dont go to church, my faith is destroyed, because if he truely loved me as you say then i would not have been abused!

Tannith thats a brilliant idea, thank you for sharing that with me, i think i will go try writing that down in a bit, see if it can help sort things out. again thank you for sharing. Im going to try minfulness too as you suggested, see if that helps clear out my head of thoughts.

J

jakelong

Okay, this has happened to me, when the voices interrupt and say something that didn't really happen or wasn't really in a song.

You will get better at ignoring the show each day, but you need to take it one day at a time. Jesus said the evil of each day is enough to worry about and we shouldn't worry about tomorrow.

That was good advice for me to hear.

Okay, so you're having trouble listening to music. Maybe stop concentrating on "drowning" out the voices. That really doesn't work. You can't just crank the music up and hope it's louder than the voices.

What you need to do is realize your thoughts are silent the way God has made them. Think about your inner thoughts and what their doing. Okay, now put those quite thought onto something else. You are going to get stronger at thinking about opposing things other than what the voices are saying.

If someone says toothbrush and I want coffee, I think about coffee. I'm not worried about brushing my teeth. Think about what you want to think about.