• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared

M

marrantz

Diagnosed with bipolar today sort of known it for last couple of years but always denied it to myself. Problem is it seems real now and has scared the s*"t out of me. Anyone got any general advise on how you handle your condition and make it a little easier. Got previous subsance abuse history also so anyone in the same situation advise would be so appreciated

M

mad as a hatter

yeah welcome 2 ur living hell that,s called bipolor

M

mad as a hatter

sorry probabaly shouldn,t been quite as blunt as that not having a good time but shouldn,t quite tk out on u

guggy

guggy

There is no objective reason to be that scared, although I can understand how you feel at the moment because I've gone through it as well. I am bipolar and lead a normal life, and so do many others with the condition. Bipolar disorder can be kept under control with the proper medication regime.

K

Katie84

Hi, i was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and know how you feel, my doctor has put me on medication which have made me feel 100 times better, i still hallucinate but im guessing that will take time, but my moods have calmed down loads.

Keep looking on the internet i found the more i found out the better i felt and that we are not on our own, i even did a bipolar study yesterday.

:)

B

bluebell24

Hi there,

Like Katie I was recently diagnosed and am finding the meds are working quickly and effectively. I have also done lots of reading online & various books ... it's helped me understand some of the crazy stuff I've thought/said/done and given lots of tips for getting and staying better.

I'm hoping my feeling better is not temporary but while severely depressed I was very scared indeed and also convinced my life would never be the same again. Which it won't but not in quite the dramatic way I was thinking even a week ago. The fear is fading now and I'm beginning to believe I can still have a 'normal' and happy life and still achieve some of the goals I'd been working towards before becoming ill. Definitely lots of emotional wreckage to deal with but even that I think will happen or at least accepted in time.

I've also found this site really helpful ... advice, support, camaraderie and some times just somewhere to vent! ; )

I hope you begin to feel better very soon ... Bluebell

K

kris12345

Hi, im confused and scared too

Hi,
I too am scared, i havent been diagnoised which makes it a hell lot more scary im not even sure if its biopolar im suffering from but all i know is on a day to day basis i have severe mood swings i can feel intensly high and hyperactive where i talk a thousand words per minute and then i might get back to 'normal' but usually i just crash and burn and just feel really depressed and sad intensly to the point of wanting to end it all. I too abused cocain and cannabis have feelings of exhilaration, disorientation, lack of insight, incoherent speech, impulsiveness (especially with men), racing thoughts, exhaustion, have loads of energy, lack of sle ep, too much sleep, feeling 'high' and sometimes believe im meant to be here for a certain purpose I think all my sypmtoms indicate bioplar but because it happens on a day to day basis and the ''episodes'' dont last for long periods of time its hard to diagnoise, i have the typical symptoms but they dont last as long as the typical bipolar. It all came to a head when i tried to top myself last week and someone mentioned bioplar, and now im convinced i have it or at least some sort of variation of the disorder. Im seeing a doctor tomoz but until then im just wondering wot the hell is going on.

M

marrantz

Thankyou for the replies everyone. I think your right in the sense off reading up on the condition because for me in some strange way it makes me feel less of an outsider specialy this forum, just shows your not the only one. Thanks guys
;)