• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared

S

SKY

Want to sleep but cant wide awake but so tired if that makes sense been typing rubbish for ages not even sure what im doing on this site to be honest. I was just looking into bipolar disorder my doc has given mr urgent referral to psychiatrist as he believes I have bipolar disorder and that sounds and feels very scary am i being completely stupid?!daft thing is if it does turn out to be this then the first time i went to docs about it was about 22 years ago and they told my mum i needed to eat more green veg!!!! sorry i sound dumb i just needed to well tell someone that cant laugh at my face and think im a wierd psycho that should be in the looney bin or just mad!

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
I hope you find this site cozy and supportive. Nobody here will think you're a 'weird psycho' or anything. I guess we're all here because we've had some problem or another. And some people recover and are never to be seen again.

My mom has a friend who was diagnosed with bi-polar but he is very happy and manages his condition and does not need medication. And I met with a friend today who has bi-polar and is currently well and not needing any medication.

So...people can and do recover from all sorts of mental illness. :flowers:

:welcome:

T

Twylight

Hi Sky - if it is bipolar and you've been controlling it for 22 years - that's good.
It could be you would benefit from a touch of medicine - which should help..

J

jamesdean

Want to sleep but cant wide awake but so tired if that makes sense been typing rubbish for ages not even sure what im doing on this site to be honest. I was just looking into bipolar disorder my doc has given mr urgent referral to psychiatrist as he believes I have bipolar disorder and that sounds and feels very scary am i being completely stupid?!daft thing is if it does turn out to be this then the first time i went to docs about it was about 22 years ago and they told my mum i needed to eat more green veg!!!! sorry i sound dumb i just needed to well tell someone that cant laugh at my face and think im a wierd psycho that should be in the looney bin or just mad!
I wouldnt think anyone would think that here so enjoy and have fun feel supported and be supportive this forum is the greatset place on earth that I have found so far in my life, JD

ali

ali

hi sky,

no one here will think your nuts!!! i only joined here in october and there is the greatest group of people here !! no one judges and everyone has a condition and a story to tell .... if i ever need any help everyone on here is very welcoming...

take care and keep posting...

:)

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Sky,

Keep coming for the support you need - there will always be someone around to listen, you're not nuts or being stupid. :welcome:

KS

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi Sky!

Everyone hear is lovely and supportive and won't think you're nuts at all! Being diagnosed can be scary but with the right support (and possibly meds!) you'll get through it. Quite a few people on here have BP and manage to get by.

Chin up :flowers:

jax

jax

Hi sky. Being diagnosed with any mental illness is always frightening. Over my 21 years with being under Psychiatric care, I have had numerous diagnosis. I am not even sure what the current ones are beside Bipolar. when I asked my Pdoc what other diagnosis I had - he said that I was very complicated?? Not sure what to make of that lol.
When I was dx'd with Bipolar - I finally got treated with the correct medications and finally feel good again. I generally feel happy most of the time of as my Pdoc says .. too happy. I don't mind - anything is better than depressions and anxiety. I hope that if you are Bipolar - you will find out and hopefully get treated - should it be medication of therapy. Some people manage somehow without medication. Not sure that is the way to go for me personally lol. I go far to manic.
Take care and good luck.
Jacqui
:welcome:

S

SKY

tHANK YOU

Thank you everyone for being so kind
I have had all these wierd symptoms for years it has been put down to various upsets in my life or to severe clinical depression and they always say when i feel high as my mum refers to it its just me hiding the depression i keep telling them something isnt right at least now someone has listened only problem is it may be too late im so unpredictable laughing crying shouting and being absolutly dreadfull to people and in a way not even realising it and never knowing when its going to happen that I have lost friends as I tell them its them not me and I recently fell in love ive pretty much lost him to he felt something wasnt right ages ago he has put up with alot of incredibly bad treatment from me im suprised he didnt leave ages ago that is what made me face up to it take the plunge stop lying about stuff and visit gp i never thought he would say he felt i was bi polar ive lost it so many times done some absolutly crazy things and lost so many people due to the way i suddenly go from funny mad to bitch from hell mad to down dont want to see anyone that ive just been loosing the grip faster and faster.I hope and pray that i will find out what is wrong re build life and then my relationship but i dunno maybe i kept it all secret for too long i screwed up lets face it.when feeling up go out and do something a bit loopy when down hide if cant hide perfect hair and make up a painted on smile is always a good disguise now i curse myself for it.i THINK ONE OF THE WIERDEST ONES IS FEELING SO DOWN BUT HAVING A BODY THAT HAS ALL THE SYMPTOMS OF EXCITEMENT BUTTERFLIES TWITCHING LAUGHING THATS WHEN I CANT SLEEP OR SLEEP ABOUT 10 MINS AT A TIME YET IM SEEM TO BE TIRED ALWAYS ITS ALL VERY ODD.
ANYWAY I DO SEEM TO BE RATTLING ON HOPE IVE NOT SENT YOU ALL TO SLEEP
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES
TAKE CARE