• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

scared

H

hoityskate96

Hi my name is Hutton,

I am 18 years old and in college at NAU in Arizona. I am so feed up with OCD and I just want to beat it NOW. I have been to over 3 specialized therapists for ERP and CBT but it just doesn't seem to work for my OCD that i am currently struggling with. It seems different from most other peoples. Currently i struggle with Relational OCD and Scrupulosity but they are different kinds of obsessions. I am not afraid that i am a bad person or going to hell or sending someone else to hell. I obsess over who God is and different aspects of him. It is really depressing because God is very important to me and it seems like that has been stripped away. At the same time i have a very loving Girlfriend who i obsess that she did something wrong. For instance i have an obsession that when i could of gotten a concussion skateboarding she didn't care that much. Also i have doubts if she is the right one and i have had body dismorphia about her which is extremely distressing because i love her so much. When i try to do ERP i tend to obsess if i am doing it right and way over think it so that doesnt seem to accomplish anything. School is sucky because i obsess that i will forget to do things that will fulfill my life and i will be sad forever. There is just a lot going one and ERP doesnt seem to be helping. Im tired of therapists that dont understand and im tired of this cured disease that i dont know if it is the disease on my God obsessions. please help

Hutton

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hi Hutton.

I'm wondering if there are any student support services at your college?
Not sure how it is where you are, but where I live it's quite common for colleges to provide a counselling service for students.

I've just said in a reply to someone else, I don't have any experience of OCD and so I can't really draw on my own experiences to give specific advice.

Whilst therapy is far better in the long run for helping and I don't think popping a pill is an answer to everything.. have you ever taken any medication to help?

As far as the God stuff, I think it's a really interesting subject. I wonder if perhaps there are certain activities you could involve yourself in that would give you some knowledge on beliefs but also help you in terms of your mental health, such as meditation or mindfulness?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R scared about my OCD intrusive thoughts consisting of my boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
J Scared about my OCD symptoms. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
E And if you are born on a time that I wont exist, do not be scared and you will find me either as a star when you are walking alone through the frozen Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
I Hello I'm new. I am scared by a disturbing thought :( Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G I’m scared Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
dontknowwhattodowithoutyou Event OCD, scared I am gross Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
S Scared that I’m a b*tch!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
R Harm ocd , scared im going to kill someone Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
R Scared of the devil Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
J Scared to have kids because of OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
MissPink Scared of taking meds Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 11
G I’m scared Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G I’m scared Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
S Scared of getting sick Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
T scared Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
T Scared to buy my first gun..? OCD/rumination/intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
T Daughter had mental break, very scared Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L HOCD relapse :( scared and alone Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
L HOCD relapse :( scared and alone Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
E HOCD scared, please help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T Ocd not Scared Anymore Why Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L Scared Sad Mama Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
C Scared of suicide Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
K scared - so alone with my ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
Y First Psych Dr. Appointment tomorrow - Very Scared! :( Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
F Please help me, scared of my nose problem Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
J I'm so scared... I think I'm going crazy!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
A Scared of being a lesbian.. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
E Really Scared Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
O scared Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
K scared and alone Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G My Transvestite past; fear of being serial killer; scared for the future Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
G scared about a new compulsion Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4