• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

scared

C

caseyd59

Hi i have been diagnosed with schizo affective disorder and am having a bad time at the moment. I think my husband is trying to kill me, he keeps trying to make me take more of my medication than i should. I am also diabetic and he keeps telling me to take too much insulin. Also things keep moving around the house. Anything can move, ornaments my medication disappeared once, something that may be in the kitchen is suddenly in the lounge or something in the lounge might be in the bathroom. Also i have started hearing sounds, birds tweeting and someone burping very loudly. My husband promises me that he is not doing any of these things,but i am not stupid, i know when something has been moved. I am very confused and scared and dont see my psychiatrist until 16th of this month. Can anyone offer any advice that might keep me going until i see the doc.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi i have been diagnosed with schizo affective disorder and am having a bad time at the moment. I think my husband is trying to kill me, he keeps trying to make me take more of my medication than i should. I am also diabetic and he keeps telling me to take too much insulin. Also things keep moving around the house. Anything can move, ornaments my medication disappeared once, something that may be in the kitchen is suddenly in the lounge or something in the lounge might be in the bathroom. Also i have started hearing sounds, birds tweeting and someone burping very loudly. My husband promises me that he is not doing any of these things,but i am not stupid, i know when something has been moved. I am very confused and scared and dont see my psychiatrist until 16th of this month. Can anyone offer any advice that might keep me going until i see the doc.
I'm sorry that you are going through such a tough time. I do not have the same diagnosis as you but I have experienced very similar things happening with objects moving and certain sounds. If you can try and ground yourself in the present moment. When I get bad episodes it does'n't usually matter what anyone says to me it's what i believe at the time. But simple things like washing my face and drinking tea, listening to a clock ticking help bring me back what is happening right now and calms and clears my thinking.

I do think you are not thinking clearly at present, and if you can try and reason with yourself and remember how much you love and trust your husband normally. I am sure he is very worried about you. I find things that are to do with my senses all help such as touch taste and smell. I know it is difficult for you to trust anyone at present, but if you can trust anyone at all, your husband would be that one person would'n't he. If you really feel you can't talk to him then you could ring your cmht and speak to the duty worker perhaps and also see if you can get you appt brought forward.

:hug:

C

caseyd59

I'm sorry that you are going through such a tough time. I do not have the same diagnosis as you but I have experienced very similar things happening with objects moving and certain sounds. If you can try and ground yourself in the present moment. When I get bad episodes it does'n't usually matter what anyone says to me it's what i believe at the time. But simple things like washing my face and drinking tea, listening to a clock ticking help bring me back what is happening right now and calms and clears my thinking.

I do think you are not thinking clearly at present, and if you can try and reason with yourself and remember how much you love and trust your husband normally. I am sure he is very worried about you. I find things that are to do with my senses all help such as touch taste and smell. I know it is difficult for you to trust anyone at present, but if you can trust anyone at all, your husband would be that one person would'n't he. If you really feel you can't talk to him then you could ring your cmht and speak to the duty worker perhaps and also see if you can get you appt brought forward.

:hug:
Thank you for your reply, i will try and follow your advice. I phoned my cmht on friday (forgetting it was good friday ) and left a message for them to ring me as soon as they are back in. I am going to ask for an earlier appointment, as you suggested.