• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared to use phones.

Modelaeroman

Modelaeroman

Hi all,

I was recently diagnosed as Bipolar Depression type 2 and I have had to go back and forth to my local mental health unit and doctor who have asked on a few occasions to phone up about changes in medication etc etc but I have over the last few years developed a BIG phobia of using phones, even phoning family or friends who I have known for years fills me with dread. I would rather walk 10 miles to talk to someone face to face than speak on a phone. Does anyone else have this sort of problem as well. I spoke to my counselloe about it and she says it is a very common phobia, but I find it really stupid that I can't pick up a phone and dial a number and talk to someone.

Cheers

Kev

sallyG

sallyG

Hi Kev....i have a p[roblem with phones too...my problem is that i think my landline has been bugged...im ok with my mobile..that doesnt bother me becasue i only use my mobile for text messages..but using the landline does me in...you have my full understanding of your problem.

iffybob

iffybob

Ask

Ask if the mental health unit office has an email address you can send the information to,.. it may help....

... its not realy a phone thing with me, some days I dont want to speek to anyone , phone or not ... :unsure:

S

suzy

I used to hate making phonecalls, just practice and call someone up everyday so you are more confident, just like a family member