• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Scared to see a doctor

M

Mert

HI
I'm 40 years old. Things have been getting weird with my body over the last couple of years. First short term memory was getting bad, then slight tremors. Now when stressed I feel like my minds going. Last week I had a mole on my back when I felt it ot was all scabby, then it bled, when I touched it it fell off.. i noticed loads of new moles. Then on my thumb I have a brown vertical line in the middle thats getting darker. My hands are feeling weak and getting worse and ache.. now my lynth nodes above my coller bone are really big.. theres so many things. I was so confident. Now im a different person. I have left my girlfriend.
I'm still working as project manager. I have a daughter who is 16. Im so scared. When I check Google I have skin cancer that has spread to my lynth nodes, brain and bones.
Now im having hot flushs...
Please advise me

M

Mert

Hi Gavin,
I am a cancer survivor! I waited too long to go to the doctor because i was scared. I ended up being stage 4 which is really bad. I had to have a hystorectomy and get chemo and radiation treatment for uterine cancer. dont be like me and wait! it is better to go and find out than to torture yourself with so much worry. I had my tumor removed in March of 2005 and i am still here. Chances are it is not cancer anyway. You need a trained doctor to diagnose that. I didn't get the impression you are a doctor. dont delay! Mert :)

G

Gavin1979

Thanks..
I'm not lol..
Its easier said than done.. i have issues taking about stuff..
Sometime I think it would be easier if something happened to me..
It took so much last Time for them to not be bothered. I cant do it again

L

Laudanum

I doubt the moles that fell off and the new ones are actually moles. Moles don't fall off without surgery. Look up seborrheic keratoses.

G

Gavin1979

it was a small round mole that got bigger and raised. Then went crusty. When I was touching it with not much pressure it bled. The when I touched it again it came off

B

bpd2020

I am pleased you have decided to go to the doctors. Maybe writing down what you want to discuss will help? It can be hard to know the right words to use.

L

Laudanum

Again, I doubt if it was a mole .

M

Mert

Have you been to a doctor yet? If not, I hope you will go soon. Self-care is important and you will get a professional opinion instead of surfing on WebMD and thinking you have cancer or something worse. I encourage you to make it to the doctor as soon as possible. I know it is scary, but it is needed in my opinion.

G

Gavin1979

Thats one of the moles.. it appeared from nowhere got to this size.. then went scabby, bled then fell off. Then went small

Attachments

L

Laudanum

Did you have a mole there for years before? If so I'd consult your GP. If it suddenly appeared as a scabby mole-like growth, it may be a keratosis.