• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared to see a doctor

G

Gavin1979

The vision is in the day when working.. im not an every day drinker....but now it makes me feel ill after a couple and that has never happened

Faith198

Faith198

Sorry I blew up this post with my novels btw😅😂

B

bpd2020

I have heard of many people no longer being able to tolerate alcohol. I would avoid it if I were you.

G

Gavin1979

I live on my own.. ive always struggled talking to people whether it be family or doctor... ive always had that issue

B

bpd2020

I can understand that. It is really hard to talk about such personal matters. You are very brave to join this forum and post on here.

G

Gavin1979

my bones hurt in my hands to drive now. Some mornings they are dead and swollen

B

bpd2020

It is horrible you are in pain and having symptoms that are worrying you.

B

bpd2020

I think you should feel proud for making the first steps. You joined a forum, posted and described your feelings. That took courage.

G

Gavin1979

Cool.. thank you.. this is the first time I've expressed how I'm feeling. Im so scared and always put brave face on..

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
HI
I'm 40 years old. Things have been getting weird with my body over the last couple of years. First short term memory was getting bad, then slight tremors. Now when stressed I feel like my minds going. Last week I had a mole on my back when I felt it ot was all scabby, then it bled, when I touched it it fell off.. i noticed loads of new moles. Then on my thumb I have a brown vertical line in the middle thats getting darker. My hands are feeling weak and getting worse and ache.. now my lynth nodes above my coller bone are really big.. theres so many things. I was so confident. Now im a different person. I have left my girlfriend.
I'm still working as project manager. I have a daughter who is 16. Im so scared. When I check Google I have skin cancer that has spread to my lynth nodes, brain and bones.
Now im having hot flushs...
Please advise me
Hi Gavin,

I can relate to your post as an anxiety sufferer and I recognise many of your symptoms as part of anxiety and stress responses.

With regard to the moles, what's catching you like a rabbit in the headlights is the "WHAT IF" fear. Anxiety is trying to persuade you that these are cancerous...you're terrified of that being the case so you know that if you don't go to the doctors, those words will never be said to you. It can't become a reality.

Here's the truth of it : Sooner you have your moles checked and treated, the quicker you will stop torturing yourself with the 'WHAT IF's. Even if it turned out to be the worst possible scenario, cancerous moles can be removed quickly before they spread and life goes on. In reality, you'll probably find the hot weather and anxiety has made them itch and they're fine. When we get run down, we can develop a type of wart that looks a bit like a mole (I've had them) and they are nothing to worry about either. The best thing you can do is get someone to take a photo, upload it on email and send it to your GP (I'm assuming your surgery is also closed to routine appointments because of COVID). You can do that tonight and wake up tomorrow morning knowing you have taken action.

Lymph nodes pop up and down when we're unwell, under extreme stress or fighting off some sort of mild infection - nothing terrible in itself - it's your body working hard on your behalf.

Anxiety gives me bizarre feelings of numbness - I lose sensation in my feet...feel as if my legs are swollen and about to explode...my chest feels numb when I breathe...burning hot flushes and then shivering... odd stuff but it just comes with anxiety.

The most important thing you need to manage is your fear. Worrying is making everything amplify and the'WHAT IF'S' will affect your sleep pattern, moods and put more strain on your nervous system.

See your GP (or email consult) and put your mind at rest on that score. That's your starting point and you'll feel so relieved once you've done it.

You're talking to a woman who was too afraid to open her post this week :D My 'WHAT IF's were making me ill...and the post turned out to be extremely boring.

Sending lots of love x