• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Scared to see a doctor

G

Gavin1979

I would be happy of the doctor orderd a biopsy or blood tests... but nothing.. im struggling to work at moment

B

bpd2020

Didnt they say it was anxiety? That is something. Anxiety needs to be treated. Did the doctor offer you any support?

G

Gavin1979

Nothing. Corona was getting big at the time might be the reason?

B

bpd2020

Well that was very poor on your doctors part. You still need support no matter what is going on. Would phoning your doctor be easier then visiting in person?

Faith198

Faith198

Hey I just want to say I actually have that same line on my thumb. I haven’t seen about it because I’m such an anxious person that I pick at my nails, so I feel the wouldn’t be able to get a good biopsy. I cover them up with falsies because people comment on it. I would say to not jump to conclusions but you should see about it. I’m going to see about mine soon to see if it’s melanoma. The line on your thumb is called melanonychia.

It’s not always caused by cancer. It can be caused by a vitamin deficiency. I had a period where I didn’t eat for a year and tbh I think that’s why I have it. I want to get mine checked out just to make sure though. In no way am I trying to scare you or anyone else. Just get it checked to rule it out and make you feel better.

G

Gavin1979

Why would anxiety cause lynth nodes on my neck to be nearly 1inch?

Faith198

Faith198

I’d post a picture of mine right now but I’ve got false nails on 😅😂 you can’t see it unless I take them off

B

bpd2020

I do not know if that is caused by anxiety. The trouble is, only a doctor will be able to tell.

G

Gavin1979

I'm scared to go to doctor.. ive been putting it off for two years and when I did they said it was in my head...

B

bpd2020

I am sorry the doctor dismissed you like that. I can understand why you have been put off from going back. The problem is, this is causing you so much stress that you cannot feel well. Is it possible to see a different doctor?

G

Gavin1979

I dont know.. i feel there's so many things wrong now..my vision keeps going blurry.and I cant drink much alcohol now when I used tk be able to drink all night.

B

bpd2020

Maybe it is your bodies way of saying it cannot tolerate the alcohol any more? If you are drinking it can cause blurry vision or you could need glasses.

Faith198

Faith198

I'm scared to go to doctor.. ive been putting it off for two years and when I did they said it was in my head...
go to another doctor or an urgent care like the person above me said. It isn’t in your head, there’s a line on your finger and they need to rule out that it isn’t anything serious, including your other symptoms. Also as a child I had Mono and it caused one of my lymph nodes to be permantely enlarged. Sometimes your lymph nodes can enlarge for no reason or because you’re fighting something. Either way, your doctor is blowing you off and they should check everything. If nothing is wrong, then they should look into anxiety. Typical, they’re dismissing things as anxiety before they’ve done any other investigating.