• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Scared to see a doctor

G

Gavin1979

HI
I'm 40 years old. Things have been getting weird with my body over the last couple of years. First short term memory was getting bad, then slight tremors. Now when stressed I feel like my minds going. Last week I had a mole on my back when I felt it ot was all scabby, then it bled, when I touched it it fell off.. i noticed loads of new moles. Then on my thumb I have a brown vertical line in the middle thats getting darker. My hands are feeling weak and getting worse and ache.. now my lynth nodes above my coller bone are really big.. theres so many things. I was so confident. Now im a different person. I have left my girlfriend.
I'm still working as project manager. I have a daughter who is 16. Im so scared. When I check Google I have skin cancer that has spread to my lynth nodes, brain and bones.
Now im having hot flushs...
Please advise me

Attachments

B

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I think one of the worst things to do to yourself is googling symptoms. It always comes up with the worst case possible. I know it is really scary but going to your doctor is the only option. There is every chance your symptoms will be easily explained but if you do not go you will only worry.

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

If you'll decide go to the doctor and before getting into the doctor's room you'll observe that you feel anxious, let's tell about it to the doctor. There is possibility, that after blood pressure measurement (because of your anxiety) your blood pressure will by above normal and the doctor will be anxious about that because he'll not understand what you're feeling yourself at the moment.

G

Gavin1979

I was in the chemist yesterday. I showed her my back where the mole was that bled and literally fell off and my thumb and she said leave it for a few weeks... God knows whats going on...

B

bpd2020

That is a very encouraging response. The pharmacist would have told you if your mole looked like it was anything serious.

G

Gavin1979

She don't know the other symptoms though...i didn't show my hands, lynth nodes, rash or tell her
My memory loss

B

bpd2020

If you go to your doctor you could tell them about those symptoms. They would be able to put your mind at rest.

B

bpd2020

Feeling anxious is very confusing. I saw on one of your other threads your doctor said you have anxiety. Have you been offered any support for that?

G

Gavin1979

I was a drug addict for 15 years.. been clean for 5... at first I thought it was just the damage it had caused.. but there's so many things now..

B

bpd2020

It would be worth discussing that with your doctor. You will never know what is going on by guessing. Well done on being drug free for 5 years. That is amazing.

B

bpd2020

Anxiety can cause physical symptoms. People have gone to the hospital believing they were having a heart attack only to find out it was anxiety.