• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

scared to ring assessment team/crisis team

N

natasha244

Okays so the assessment team also acts as a kind of crisis team at night time and I've only ever rang them twice before and that was in September/ October last year and I'm struggling right now but I'm too scared to ring them which probably sounds stupid, and they usually ring back within 2 hours - that's how long it took last time anyway and I'm scared that whenever they ring someone is going to wake up at home and hear me talking on my phone...
Things are just bad. I've hurt myself everyday since last Monday so yeah things aren't good and if I ring they tell the CMHT anyway. I rang my CPN up on Friday afternoon and I was crying because things were really difficult & I was struggling but yeah things haven't changed :(

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Hi natasha244

Can you stay outside your house (maybe sit in the garden wrapped up warm), so if they phone you are alone and can talk freely? :hug1:

I think from what you have written you need to contact them. As you have said you are struggling.

It is completely natural to feel scared of ringing, your are talking to somebody about personal issues, it is a lot to tell a stranger.

Would it help to keep updating us about the phone call, when they will ring back etc., So you have company? :hug1:

N

natasha244

Thankyou for your quick reply!

I have took myself to bed with a hot chocolate. I think I am going to see how the next couple of hours go and ring them in a while, when everyone is well and truly asleep... I also have sixth form tomorrow and I just can't cope with all this stuff I'm constantly worrying & stressed about something :( x

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Hi how was your day? :)

Do you have anyone at sixth form who is supporting you and making sure you get any extra help you may need? :hug1:

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey Natasha, how are things today? Did you ring crisis/get any extra help in the end?

N

natasha244

Hey everyone , sorry I've not been online until now!
I didn't even manage to pluck up the courage to ring the people... However today I rang my CPN (again!) and I was just on there for 10 minutes telling her how much I wasn't coping and how I've hurt myself everyday since last Monday... I also told her how id not been in sixth form Monday or Tuesday and only went in today because we had assembly first thing and I got a letter sent home to my mum (even though I'm 19!) because I don't get there in time for tutor/assembly.
Anyway so yeah I told her all of that and I'm still taking all my medication and stuff but I feel empty, angry, sad, alone... Just everything. She asked me if I was alright because I "sounded a bit slurred" idk what that means tbh D;
I have an appointment with a doctor at the CMHT on Friday anyway for a medication review and my CPN said she is going to ring on Monday as she's going to see how long I am on the waiting list for a second assessment for psychological therapies. She asked me if I could keep myself safe until Friday and I said yeah, but I don't know why I said yes because I'm really struggling & I think I just panicked because people were passing me in the corridors at sixth form so yeah :( :(

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

I know I have not told people how much in crisis I am feeling at times. I personally feel it is difficult to have that conversation with someone because I do not want to sound attention seeking or be a burden, it can be tricky to find the words to adequately describe what you are feeling internally.

Although with hindsight it is better to open up and let others help. :hug1:

Keep updating us on MHF and let us know how the appointment on Friday goes. :hug1:

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Good luck for friday!! Its almost here now :)
X

N

natasha244

I know I have not told people how much in crisis I am feeling at times. I personally feel it is difficult to have that conversation with someone because I do not want to sound attention seeking or be a burden, it can be tricky to find the words to adequately describe what you are feeling internally.

Although with hindsight it is better to open up and let others help. :hug1:

Keep updating us on MHF and let us know how the appointment on Friday goes. :hug1:
Yes! That's exactly how I feel when I open up to people. I'm always scared that they think I am just over exagerrating or making it up. :confused:

Thankyou, I will keep you all updated.. I am quite worried about tomorrow tbh. :sorry:

N

natasha244

Good luck for friday!! Its almost here now :)
X
Ahh, I know right?! Tbh it can't come quick enough I have just literally been clinging on for this appointment tomorrow morning... I might write some things down to mention, I've never seen this doctor before but my CPN said he's lovely so hopefully he will be :)

I spoke to my psychology teacher who I am close to today, and I felt so relieved once I had told her certain things.. She has helped me a lot so she knows literally everything to do with my mental health and stuff , I am lucky that she is so patient with me and my issues :rolleyes::goodluck:

Last edited:
Wiseowl

Wiseowl

I have found writing down the key points you want to discuss or questions you want to ask at appointments is helpful, so I think doing this would be a good idea. :)

I am glad to hear you have a member of staff who is supportive. :hug1:

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
dont think I could handle studying psychology, have enough trouble with my own let alone others :panic:
Well done for hanging in there, just a sleep to go :)

N

natasha244

dont think I could handle studying psychology, have enough trouble with my own let alone others :panic:
Well done for hanging in there, just a sleep to go :)
I know what you mean! I have an interview at a Uni next Thursday for mental health nursing and I don't even know if I will be well enough to begin in September anymore... I might just go along and try my best, at least then I know I at least tried.. dreading it though if I'm completely honest :(

N

natasha244

I have found writing down the key points you want to discuss or questions you want to ask at appointments is helpful, so I think doing this would be a good idea. :)

I am glad to hear you have a member of staff who is supportive. :hug1:
Thankyou! I think I will just write a kind of lettery thing if I find talking a little too difficult..

and I don't even know how she puts up with my half the time tbh, there's been many a time where I've sat there crying my eyes out in a classroom haha:redface: But she is lovely and so understanding & non-judgemental ^.^

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know what you mean! I have an interview at a Uni next Thursday for mental health nursing and I don't even know if I will be well enough to begin in September anymore... I might just go along and try my best, at least then I know I at least tried.. dreading it though if I'm completely honest :(
Someone i know just finished their three years and loved it.
You could always take a year out and do support work? Get a feel for it?