• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared something really bad is going to happen

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Really scared, tense, and anxious. Terrified that something bad is going to happen to me or someone I know. I can't handle any more bad things right now. I'm maxed out. But I look like I am doing fine. Other than my breakdown in class the other night.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Don't focus on the bad things, what are the positive things in your life. What makes you happy. Breathe slowly from your abdomen and focus your mind when doing so. Change the energy with your attention.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can't do that breathing stuff, because it makes me hyper-aware of ALL the sadness, loss, anger and fear I carry in my body. I get flooded.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The energy needs to be changed somehow. Keep writing down your feelings. Watch something that will make you laugh.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

How are you doing, prairiechick?
I'm hoping nothing bad has happened. A lot of the time an impending sense of doom comes with the territory of anxiety.. fortunately, a lot of the time nothing bad happens at all. x

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks Summerset. I am okay. Just feeling really blah right now. Maybe it's the grey, gloomy weather. It's so hard to get out for a walk when it is pouring rain.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yeah I think the weather can have a huge effect on how you feel.
Just stay inside, all cosy and warm and look after yourself. x

krista

krista

the weather can be a trigger and it's bad when can't go for a walk.
sending hugs... I hope it's getting better..

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

The weather affects me badly. As do these dark evenings :low:
Davey x

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I did get out for a walk this afternoon, along the Vedder River and the Peach Creek Trail, and it helped to be outside. I saw several different varieties of ducks, a blue heron, and lots of salmon in the creek. It's amazing; the water is so clear that you can see the stones at the bottom. I also saw a rainbow, which I wouldn't have seen if I hadn't gone for a walk. The downside is that now I have blisters on both heels.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can't do that breathing stuff, because it makes me hyper-aware of ALL the sadness, loss, anger and fear I carry in my body. I get flooded.
I apologise for that message. I thought I was giving good advice; I was too quick to respond.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I apologise for that message. I thought I was giving good advice; I was too quick to respond.
I still think it was good advice autumnalsprinkles. Some things work well for some and not for others. Someone else may have read your post and found it successful.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You don't have to apologize. I don't think it was bad advice. It's just unfortunate I can't do that without being totally flooded.