• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared *possible trigger warning *

P

purpletilly

Hello,
Haven't ever posted on here.
I've had AN for 10 years now. I have been sectioned twice and 10 admissions. At my very worst I was unable to sit up and talk in intensive care, and forcibly tube fed for months before being transferred to an ED ward. After literally tripling my weight and absolutely freaked out. I live alone and feel myself desperately wanting to start losing again, but I know once I start on that slippery path there's no stopping me, and I'm not sure my body can take that again. I've already defied the odds and survived when doctors said my organs were failing, losing my vision and I was about to go into a coma.
Anyway, I've got to the point where I can't stand the sight of myself and my ED is screaming at me to do something about it. I feel like such a freak and can't go on another 10 years like this. Any advice on how to stop going downhill again?!?!
Thank you for taking the time to read, and advice is much appreciated.
Hugs to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lizyorange

First of all lots of love and hugs. I'm sorry you feel trapped and confused but is it possible for you to surround yourself by people that know what you're going through? They don't have to be professionals if that's a huge step for you at the moment but friends or relatives so they help you figure out the first step to avoid a relapse.

P

purpletilly

Thank you for your kind words lizyorange. I have a tendency to isolate myself when I'm feeling bad but I know that just makes things worse. So I shall really try and see family to help get though this time. To be honest most of my friends have forgotten about my now. I have a few from various hospitals though so at least they know what I'm going through. Thank you again, I hope you are well x

L

LeeMarie

Reach out to someone. Tell them you need help. I usually reach out to my treatment team when the voice gets loud. But, it can be anyone you trust. I've relapsed many times myself and the only thing that keeps me from sliding all the way down that hill is to be accountable to someone. Don't hide your behaviors - tell someone. It's key. Good luck and lots of hugs to you!