• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Scared of losing best friend.

C

CharmingJunkie

I've posted previously about feeling really anxious because my best friend has started coming really close to another girl. Me, my boyfriend, my best friend and her boyfriend are all best friends and have been for years and years. But recently they've started getting closer to another couple and are even going away with them for q couple of days soon.
She knows how I feel because I've spoken to her about it and she's told me that nothing will ever come between us, she's just another friend.
But the problem is the other couple don't seem to have any other friends and don't seem to just want to be another friend, and don't respect our relationship at all. They ask them to do things all the time.
I've been alot better over the past couple of weeks with just the odd bad day instead of feeling down most of the time.
But I'm still struggling with the fact that the other couple see my best friends as their first port of call and see them as their best friends even if the feeling isn't recipeocated.
Also my best friend mentioned that the other girl wanted to come to the gym with us. I said that she's more than welcome but I don't think im ready to see them together yet, I just think it'll make me feel worse.
However my boyfriend was invited to go and play pool with his friend and the boy from the other couple and he agreed.
This is fine, Its just making me feel a lot more anxious and feel like it's another step of them getting closer and it scares me that we might lose them!
I don't know how to deal with it and overcome it.

L

lovagemuffin

its ok for tthem to have other friends and its ok to feel anxious I get friendship anxiety too.
if a person tells you there your friend and phones you up and wants to spend time with you they like you tryto chill and do something nice for yourself. I bet your a really loyal caring friend too tcxx

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Scared of losing my best friend! Anxiety Forum 1
R Scared Anxiety Forum 2
calmleaves help help help scared scared scared Anxiety Forum 16
W So scared!! Anxiety Forum 8
F Scared and worried Anxiety Forum 2
wednesday addams Scared, anxiety Anxiety Forum 4
F Anyone Scared of Going to Dr. Office?? Anxiety Forum 9
Fairy Lucretia had ECG ,so scared Anxiety Forum 23
R I (20m) is crying typing this. I fear Relationship OCD is gonna make me end things. I’m scared. Anxiety Forum 4
R I think I’m finally depressed, I’m scared I’m gonna end my relationship Anxiety Forum 3
S Need to talk scared about medical tests Anxiety Forum 7
Bod I feel so scared and very anxious Anxiety Forum 8
I Feeling really scared Anxiety Forum 3
C I am scared of getting hurt again... Anxiety Forum 2
W Scared i’ll die by my own hand one day Anxiety Forum 1
G Scared of going insane Anxiety Forum 14
cozystuffs Happy or Scared ? Anxiety Forum 1
G Scared of everything Anxiety Forum 3
V Scared about dying Anxiety Forum 19
M Having Anxiety, Scared to try anything, I dont know what to do Anxiety Forum 5
sam999 scared of future Anxiety Forum 4
K Scared to Move Out Anxiety Forum 7
P Scared I will lose everything in my life Anxiety Forum 2
dedsh0t im a bit scared.. Anxiety Forum 7
P feeling scared Anxiety Forum 14
W been prescribed prozac and scared to take it Anxiety Forum 4
B Hello I’m new and just need some guidance panic attacks worry scared pls help me Anxiety Forum 1
frisas45 I made a terrible mistake, and I'm scared. Anxiety Forum 3
C Scared to make mistakes Anxiety Forum 2
T I wish I can die. But scared to commit suicide Anxiety Forum 21
EvyEv FEELING SCARED Anxiety Forum 3
Carol1952 Why do I have to be scared every time I wake up? Anxiety Forum 5
S Scared of anything bad happening Anxiety Forum 3
L Scared of hurting myself Anxiety Forum 4
Carol1952 Feeling so afraid and scared all the time I dont know what to do. Anxiety Forum 11
L Scared about pet dying Anxiety Forum 14
E I’m scared someone is going to drug me Anxiety Forum 3
A Need advice scared Anxiety Forum 6
C I'm scared of being alone forever Anxiety Forum 5
M I am so anxious its making me scared... Anxiety Forum 5
frisas45 I'm scared of hanging out with the wrong crowd. Anxiety Forum 3
Mr Oreo Bunny I'm a tiny bit scared and i just need some happy thoughts from people Anxiety Forum 4
G Scared to see a doctor Anxiety Forum 57
S think i have anxiety but i'm too scared Anxiety Forum 8
Carol1952 Bad weather is coming and now I am so scared Anxiety Forum 11
A Really scared health scares choking issues Anxiety Forum 92
Carol1952 Dont laugh but I am so scared of zombies?What are your fears? Anxiety Forum 8
Lolaa12 Scared to shower? Anxiety Forum 3
J Copd coughing up phlegm scared I’m dying please help asap Anxiety Forum 6
A Scared help Anxiety Forum 4