• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared of living life

P

Princess Zelda

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I never had a real job. I got help from Jobcenter once where they found a place for me to work, but they said it wasn't considered a 'real' job since it was some organization that helped those with trouble getting work. It was this place where people sold donated clothing or fixed items. I worked in the donated clothing section. Anyway, I also never finished school. Now I'm 25 and I'm finally focusing on getting help online with my education. I guess so far things are going well, but I worry sometimes about the future of my education.

I don't go outside because I don't like being around other people. I hate taking the bus. It was hard for me to take the bus alone to go to that small job I had. I always feel like I'll have a panic attack and I get this strange feeling where I feel like I'm not really there. Like life is almost a dream or illusion and I feel lightheaded and have to remind myself that reality is real. I guess this is part of the anxiety.

My doctor gave me medication for anxiety, and I think it's working a bit. But I still feel like I can't live life like other people do. I depend on my parents a lot and I don't see myself ever being independent. It scares me, because I would like to improve. But it feels like I can't. For example, when I had that job (only worked there for two weeks) I ended up having a panic attack and had to be taken to the hospital. I called the place I worked at and told them what I was dealing with. They seemed to understand, which was nice of them. I still feel like a failure because I see people my age who are finishing university and working and everything. And I just hide in my room all day because I get so scared.

There was one person who had to help me when it came to getting a job, and I told him about my anxiety. He said it was just in my mind and that I shouldn't think about it. I feel like most people don't truly understand. I don't know anymore.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I never had a real job. I got help from Jobcenter once where they found a place for me to work, but they said it wasn't considered a 'real' job since it was some organization that helped those with trouble getting work. It was this place where people sold donated clothing or fixed items. I worked in the donated clothing section. Anyway, I also never finished school. Now I'm 25 and I'm finally focusing on getting help online with my education. I guess so far things are going well, but I worry sometimes about the future of my education.

I don't go outside because I don't like being around other people. I hate taking the bus. It was hard for me to take the bus alone to go to that small job I had. I always feel like I'll have a panic attack and I get this strange feeling where I feel like I'm not really there. Like life is almost a dream or illusion and I feel lightheaded and have to remind myself that reality is real. I guess this is part of the anxiety.

My doctor gave me medication for anxiety, and I think it's working a bit. But I still feel like I can't live life like other people do. I depend on my parents a lot and I don't see myself ever being independent. It scares me, because I would like to improve. But it feels like I can't. For example, when I had that job (only worked there for two weeks) I ended up having a panic attack and had to be taken to the hospital. I called the place I worked at and told them what I was dealing with. They seemed to understand, which was nice of them. I still feel like a failure because I see people my age who are finishing university and working and everything. And I just hide in my room all day because I get so scared.

There was one person who had to help me when it came to getting a job, and I told him about my anxiety. He said it was just in my mind and that I shouldn't think about it. I feel like most people don't truly understand. I don't know anymore.
I have deep anxiety about moving out of my “comfort zone” too. I’m not sure if the solution to it. Anxiety is in our head but can be paralyzing and all consuming. It’s not like it’s a switch that you can turn on or off....

P

Princess Zelda

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have deep anxiety about moving out of my “comfort zone” too. I’m not sure if the solution to it. Anxiety is in our head but can be paralyzing and all consuming. It’s not like it’s a switch that you can turn on or off....
I'm sorry you're also dealing with this :hug: I tried explaining it to that man who tried helping me, but he didn't seem to get it. In the end, I decided to get help from someone else at Jobcenter.

N

Not The Best

Hi your highness >~<

You aren't a failure and you don't need to live like other people do, you just need to live in a way that makes you feel happy, whatever it may be. Take your time, one day at a time. I'm sure that over time you can feel comfortable in the things you want be be comfy in, we'll all help you~

And It's really great that you are getting help with your education, if there's any way I can help with that let me know^^

Everything will be okay :hug:

P

Princess Zelda

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi your highness >~<

You aren't a failure and you don't need to live like other people do, you just need to live in a way that makes you feel happy, whatever it may be. Take your time, one day at a time. I'm sure that over time you can feel comfortable in the things you want be be comfy in, we'll all help you~

And It's really great that you are getting help with your education, if there's any way I can help with that let me know^^

Everything will be okay :hug:
Hello! ^-^

Thank you so much! I will try to remind myself that I shouldn't compare myself to others all the time. I guess I just worry too much about feeling behind in life. I still need to see if I could start therapy again, so maybe therapy would help me out a bit like it did before.

And thank you again! That's so kind of you :hug: