• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Scared of going insane

G

Gilypore

I keep having this fear that I'm going to go over the edge and lose my ability to reason with myself or control my actions; I have no other mental health symptoms other than anxiety; should I be worried?

T

telepathic_one

For me I try not to have fear in life i had very bad delusions where I was scared for my life nowadays I can just ignore the fear and paranoia knowing none of this real.

G

Gilypore

I guess I can understand that, for me it is just that fear that I may go over the edge so to speak. Its understanding that there is no gravity to it that is the challenge

T

telepathic_one

Its true we cant control where we go, i hope it gets better instead of worse.

Karmaman

Karmaman

I think it's the fear of losing control in front of others. It never actually happened but has never gone away...anxiety and depression and the feeling others can see I'm struggling.

G

Gilypore

Is it actually possible to go insane so to speak though (not including psychosis, bipolar or schizophrenia)?

T

telepathic_one

I think at least in my case I have had the worst the voices can do to me, they just brainwashed the world to think I'm evil so who knows what's coming I'm not going to go insane about it

C

charlieblack5

I can totally relate. Some days are harder than others, and so overwhelming that I feel like I’m just going to scream. I don’t know how I’ll handle a social situation with lots of people, but I do worry that I may “come across” as anxious/depressed.

Have you spoken to anybody? I’ve just mentioned it another thread how letting a few friends know how I’m feeling has really helped.

Karmaman

Karmaman

I only talk about it to friends and family I am close to. They try to understand and help but when your in the eye of the storm your on your own I guess.

C

charlieblack5

That’s true. It can be very lonely. I’m not sure what to say - only that I do understand.

I try breathing exercises if it all feels like it’s getting a bit much. Something to just help bring me back. Do you do anything like that?

Karmaman

Karmaman

I try meditation but sometimes it's hard to practice when I'm really overwhelmed and breathing does help. I will be listening to some dhamma talks soon to help me relax and sleep.

B

bebernipes

Sometimes there is so much going on inside of us that it really feels like we are about to go crazy, it happens to me sometimes too. Nevertheless, it would be interesting to see a therapist to help you deal with this feeling of lack of control.

C

charlieblack5

That’s a very good point. It can feel overwhelming with all the thoughts.

As an aside, I have my first session to talk about all this with someone on Saturday. It’s the first of 3. She’s a volunteer I believe, not a therapist, so will see how that goes.

M

Marianda

Sometimes I have this feeling that I will loose my sanity. It is a terrifying feeling. Right now I'm battling with anxiety which has skyrocketed. I would feel better if I had someone to talk to. I would pay a million dollars just for someone holding my hand and telling me that everything will be alright.

I

Inie

I keep having this fear that I'm going to go over the edge and lose my ability to reason with myself or control my actions; I have no other mental health symptoms other than anxiety; should I be worried?
I have that feeling all the time. Use to be a lot worse before. Now that taking meds that work better I’m more stable. Thoughts can be hard to control. Have you sought professional help?