• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared of falling asleep

T

Teaganleigh

Okay so this mostly happens at night, but also during the day just not as bad. My body will go numb and tingly and I'll get super light headed and dizzy and I feel like I can't breathe and I have to force myself to take a breath and I have difficulty swallowing and I feel like I can't swallow then I panic and can't breathe. When I'm trying to fall asleep I get so scared my hearts gunna stop. My heart feels super heavy and again the not being able to swallow thing. If I'm laying down I have to sit up really fast and take slow deep breaths and try and calm myself down. I don't know why my body's doing this. Also my lips have been turning blue a lot. I eat pretty right and don't skip meals but I'm also not over weight or unhealthy. I've tried to lookup what my symptoms mean and I'm wondering if I should just suck up my pride and see a doctor. I'll go days without sleepig because I'm so terrified. And even if Im around other people and everything's fine I'll suddenly have difficulty breathing and swallowing and all that. Please someone help.

pepecat

pepecat

Hi

If your lips are turning blue, that's a sign that not enough oxygen is getting around your body, so I'd suggest going to the doctor, to be honest. It maybe the anxiety that's causing that, or it may be something physical, in which case you need to get it checked out.