Scared . . . Liver problems

jax

jax

I had a phone call from my GP's today. She said that my blood results had come back and that I need to come back in tomorrow for fasting blood as my blood sugar is high - once again - and my cholesterol is high. Then she said that my liver function blood test needs to be done again as it is not working as it is meant to be - or something like that. She said they will need to do two liver tests tomorrow too. Now, I feel so frightened. I know that lithium can cause liver problems. I think that Seroquel can too. I know my liver mustn't be that bad or they would have brought me in today to have the liver test done - but I still can't help but worry. What if I had to come off the lithium? What if I had to come off the Seroquel? Worse still, what if I had to come off the two of them? I'm so worried. Ohhh dear - guess I just have to wait until the tests come back. I hope they don't take forever to come back.
Has anyone had to come off seroquel of lithium due to liver problems?
Jacqui

W

warriorprincess

Aww sweet that must be worrying for you... but yeh try and think like that - if it was more serious then they'd have been doing it all more as a matter of urgency.. when will you get the results? it's probably all just routine - maybe a certain level wasn't as it should have been when they tested, but quite often when they re test it'll all be fine, or if not, at least they've picked up on it and you can see what can be done to help. it sounds like your blood sugar levels have been up before, so what was the outcome of all that? hugs and try not to worry xxx

BORTU

BORTU

Hi Jax,

There is nothing so worrying as not knowing. I've had trouble with my kidneys. Not quite the same, but I can feel for you. It is not long and have faith in the doctor.

jax

jax

Thanks for the replies. WarriorP - my blood sugars have been borderline diabetic about 5 times. I had the fasting test and then I had to have some type of test where they test the blood levels over 6 weeks or something like that. Each time, I was borderline. I am not sure when the results will come back. I am guessing that they will come back at different times since there are three different types of blood tests being done. I'll let you all know how I get on.
Thanks, Jacqui

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
letmein Bipolar Forum 19
E Bipolar Forum 1