• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared and Confused

M

Mrs Amidala

No one can explain this. I have the horrible voice in my head saying the most evil things and the only way I feel I can shut her up is to do something to myself but then she would win maybe? She woyld be right maybe? But I need the quiet. Anyone else gone through this?

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

Yes, it's your subconscious mind, & no she isn't right, the subconscious mind is irrational & tries - often succeeds - in making you do things you know consciously aren't right. You know consciously that fighting isn't right - but the subconscious mind likes a fight, so why fight it?

& here is the complicated bit, with my anxiety - I call it my anxiety monster, I find the best way is to use the power of your conscious mind, with intense & powerful positive thinking & rational behaviour. But isn't that fighting back?

No, because the voice will be screaming 'you're not supposed to be doing this, you're being rational, what's going on?' then you know you're at a turning point, you're not fighting, you are winning.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and welcome to the forum. Yes I have had that and its awful. You feel so stressed by it and you want to do anything to make it stop. I think I used medication first and then Mindfulness as part of a course of therapy. It has help immensely. But I think when things are on top of you like this I would see your doctor and ask them about this.

Hearing voices is very common, but aggressive ones need hitting on the head as soon as possible.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Those powerful voices need to be fought !! You cannot let them win. If you are seeing a professional talk to them about it and consider using medication. In the mean time use rational thinking to fight the thoughts ! Search for meditation and mindfulness exercises. Any hobbies that require concentration. Also a good pair of headphones and loud music !!