• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Scared and ashamed or just plain crazy

J

J McFly

You can't just tell someone you don't know if they're real. They don't understand the fear and confusion. They want to prove themselves as much as possible or discard the whole issue as if I'm just being stupid. There's nothing quite like subconsciously creating someone just to have arguments with.

Knowing when I can simply trust my brain seems impossible. So, I weave back and forth across a line with doubt on one side and confidence on the other. Too often with my emotions being the driver. Generally more affraid of confidence than anything. My confidence can be costly, misleading and dangerous. Which really, REALLY sucks because I'm actually a very intelligent, considerate, aware and capable individual! Except...

This is a very very tiny part of it.

M

Miho

Welcome to the forum.

It seems you are dealing with a lot. There are people here that go through the same. So I and when you are ready you can share your story.

People here are suportive and friendly.

anex

anex

Welcome, J Mcfly. I hope you find some comfort here with folks who have similar experiences.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi J McFly welcome to the forum :welcome:

D

Drkagan

You can't just tell someone you don't know if they're real. They don't understand the fear and confusion. They want to prove themselves as much as possible or discard the whole issue as if I'm just being stupid. There's nothing quite like subconsciously creating someone just to have arguments with.

Knowing when I can simply trust my brain seems impossible. So, I weave back and forth across a line with doubt on one side and confidence on the other. Too often with my emotions being the driver. Generally more affraid of confidence than anything. My confidence can be costly, misleading and dangerous. Which really, REALLY sucks because I'm actually a very intelligent, considerate, aware and capable individual! Except...

This is a very very tiny part of it.
Hi, I'm afraid of my confident side to. It's kinda confusing. I try to get quiet when I'm feeling confident. It usually leads to me expecting better, and mixed waves of anger and hopelessness when I come back to reality. I try to take a nap if my mood is to elevated. It's like that phrase, the higher you are the harder you fall.

J

J McFly

Hi, I'm afraid of my confident side to. It's kinda confusing. I try to get quiet when I'm feeling confident. It usually leads to me expecting better, and mixed waves of anger and hopelessness when I come back to reality. I try to take a nap if my mood is to elevated. It's like that phrase, the higher you are the harder you fall.
I will think what I'm doing is not only normal, but, that I'm doing great. "I got this." That my thoughts and ideas are perfectly rational and that I understand exactly what's happening. I'll even make sure to question myself, to double and triple check as I go along... it causes the worst doubts because there's plenty of times there's nothing going wrong with my mind. Times when I function without any problems... There is no escaping the bad times because of the chances.

Z

Zoe1

hi J :welcome:

hope you find it helpful here

:grouphug: