• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Scared about my OCD symptoms.

J

jw2000

Hello. I'm struggling to write this. I just want to talk to someone who won't judge me. I'm in so much pain and guilt over the past and intrusive thoughts. I haven't been like this in over a year. I'm so scared. I've just started CBT again but I'm scared to tell them everything. I just want to tell someone what's going on who's been through similar things if possible. I literally can't think straight, my body is weak. OCD is so unbearable and overwhelming. Please reply or message me if you can. Thank you

M

Metrojd

it’s a terrible mental illness, I’ve experienced similar symptoms and recently too

mushroomskin

mushroomskin

I understand what you're feeling. If I get diagnosed and go through with CBT, I already have this crippling anxiety of telling my therapist completely of my intrusive thoughts. For me, I feel like there's a scale of intrusive thoughts that will get you the least judged to the most. It's been weighing on me, so I understand what you've been going through.

Fioletovayalien

Fioletovayalien

Hello. I'm struggling to write this. I just want to talk to someone who won't judge me. I'm in so much pain and guilt over the past and intrusive thoughts. I haven't been like this in over a year. I'm so scared. I've just started CBT again but I'm scared to tell them everything. I just want to tell someone what's going on who's been through similar things if possible. I literally can't think straight, my body is weak. OCD is so unbearable and overwhelming. Please reply or message me if you can. Thank you
I have intrusive thoughts, too. I hven't had CBT but want to try it. Medication helped me.

B

BlueWater

Same here. It's overwhelming. My therapist and I decided we need to increase my appointment time from one hour to two hours because I don't have time to unwind and open up in just a one-hour session. I take some meds, too, that help some.

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

Hey jw2000 I also have acute ocd all started in 2006 when I was 14 and its gotten worse over time I'm 27 now so been suffering with it for over 13 years now I've tried so many medications legal and illegal in attempt to releave the symptoms the most effective med for ocd is called mirtazapine mention this with your GP or doctor it's very good at controlling ocd and intrusive thoughts. If there is anything you want to talk about I don't judge feel free to PM. 😊

B

BlueWater

Hey jw2000 I also have acute ocd all started in 2006 when I was 14 and its gotten worse over time I'm 27 now so been suffering with it for over 13 years now I've tried so many medications legal and illegal in attempt to releave the symptoms the most effective med for ocd is called mirtazapine mention this with your GP or doctor it's very good at controlling ocd and intrusive thoughts. If there is anything you want to talk about I don't judge feel free to PM. 😊
I just got a prescription for Mirtazapine today and am going to try it soon. What's your dosage? Have you gained weight on it?

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

It will take about 3 to 4 weeks to be fully working you will definitely be drowsy for the first week or so so take care if you drive or operate deadly machinery. I've been on over 15 different types of pills and found the mirtazapine is the most effective