Scared about GP appointment tomorrow

natasha244

natasha244

Hi so I've been struggling for a while with my mood - it's getting gradually lower and lower. I take my meds every night and I practice my DBT skills but the urges get too overwhelming. My sleep is really bad so I have Zopiclone which I only ever take as an absolute last resort.
Now I'm getting bad thoughts about hurting myself/doing 'more' than that (I don't want to be specific obviously)
The last time I had a 1:1 session with my CPN was the beginning of April. She said she would ring me when she got back off annual leave (supposed to have been last Tuesday ) but she never did - o even walked past her when I was going into my appointment with my new DBT person last Tuesday (my old one of 6 months left last week)
I've tried to get in touch with her since last Tuesday. I rang the GP as a last resort for a phone consultation because my mood and eating are becoming really concerning. He spoke to me on the phone and then rang again on Friday. He's arranged an appointment in the surgery with one of the other doctors tomorrow afternoon to review my mood. I'm really worried about what's going to happen. I intend to be honest about my thoughts and what I've been feeling and hurting myself etc, as well as my eating and weight becoming worse. I'm just worried as I've never spoken about mental health with a GP before really? Like I went from CAMHS to CMHT so it's always been in services contacting each other.
I want to talk to one of the doctors at my CMHT about my worsening mood and other things which I can't really get into on here. Home treatment team has been mentioned but I can't have them as under no circumstances do I want my family involved in my care (I have extremely good reasons for this I'm not just being awkward) and I can't sneak a team into my living room I just can't really cope with anything anymore

Linda1989

Linda1989

nice to see another michael jackson fan lol

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have been really worried about my GP appointment for months. I had it a few days ago. It was not that bad as he remembered me and it was quick (too quick). Now I am worried about what he has suggested to me (to take medication for a condition I don't know whether I have.)

It just all bad.

natasha244

natasha244

Could you get a second opinion on the medication side of things? ;o
And I'll try to reward myself :)

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,i really hope your appointment goes well and is not as bad as you are expecting xx please let us know how you get on love from fairy lu xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 10
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 5
notafollower Depression Forum 4
K Depression Forum 5
S Depression Forum 6