• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Saw my new psychiatrist today

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I saw my new psychiatrist this morning, and he is fabulous! He is warm and friendly and kind--polar opposite from my psychiatrist in Winnipeg. Plus he is willing to work in conjunction with my therapist, and he is supportive of me trying neurotherapy to try reducing or coming off my meds. I feel very comfortable talking with him, but he wants me to try another mood stabilizer, Latuda.

On another note, I feel totally dull and stupid, as I have been having problems with insomnia again, and for the last few weeks I've only been sleeping about 5 hours a night. I'm attempting to go off of caffeine yet again to try to regulate my sleep, and so today I am probably also feeling caffeine withdrawal. I am so exhausted and I can't wait until it's time to go to bed.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
YAY!!!
I really hated your pdr in Winnepeg too. Total callous bitch. and you being so inconvenienced to even get to her "office"..and for what?

I don't mind traveling a bit if I get good help but she was no help, maybe made things worse imo.

I don't function on too little sleep either. You are neither dull nor stupid..just sleep deprived. Darn that has been such a struggle for you!
I hope you sleep beautifully tonight and get the insomnia sorted out with the new dr.

Things definitely sound encouraging!

(((hugs))))

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

That's great news re your new psychiatrist. It sounds really promising which, in itself, can often make a big difference to how you feel.

Caffeine withdrawal is a pain but hopefully it won't last long and you will soon feel the benefits and be able to sleep better.

I wish you well.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I caved and bought some melatonin, so I'm planning to add that to the cocktail, which, according to my psychiatrist in Winnipeg is okay to do. I really need a good night's sleep. At least I am ahead with my school work. Over a week ago I finished an assignment that is due on Wednesday, and the rest of my assignments will be done in class.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I hope the melatonin works for you. I wasn't even aware that it was sold as a supplement. Might have to look in to that myself.