• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Sauna Heat Therapy - Anxiety

D

dawnhope20

Does sauna heat therapy ease symptoms of general anxiety?
There's a lot of talk that is great for short term relaxation and for sleep but is it true it can help calm general anxiety?

There's quite a bit of info about it online, but is it true I wonder.

G

Guru Who

That's interesting, I definitely have seasonal affective disorder and I wonder if this would work for me. Although current I can't get to a sauna during lockdown. I'm normally abroad at this time of year but can't travel so it's been a nightmare. Interested to see if anyone can vouch for its benefits.
♥🙏

Passionflower

Passionflower

Depends whether you find heat pleasant or not. Personally being in that sort of heat would give me raging anxiety that I would have to get out of the sauna.

O

oncebitten

I have heard it does calm anxiety for some people even to the point people talk a lot about hot yoga being relaxing

J

Jolly

I personally have never tried it but if I am too hot it makes my anxiety worse. Would be interested to see if it works for anyone else x

D

dawnhope20

PassionFlower, I've been reading up and there's talk of using infrared sauna to treat anxiety because it's not as hot as traditional sauna. The air temp is more comfortable.

Could be a good fit if you're not comfortable in a very hot sauna. Has anyone tried using infrared sauna for anxiety? It would be a very welcome relief these days of it worked. Really struggling with this lockdown.

All the gyms are closed until June at the earliest. So I have zero access to any type of sauna for the foreseeable future. And with all these reports about variants it's just making me worry more. It feels like normality just keeps getting pushed back further and further into the distance.

:(

Last edited by a moderator: